Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took one more pic picking up the car this morning. Saw another one at the factory parking lot on my way out. Winter is coming (for ICE).

20170805_095252.jpg

OMG the aero wheels are hideous. I hope Tesla axes them.

I think the aero wheels only look good on lightly colored cars where the dark gray color contrasts.

Aero wheels look good to me on white and red cars. On black, blue, and gray cars they don't look quite right. Undecided on silver.

Hopefully Tesla can come up with some alternative color styles. The "spokes" on the aero wheels being dark contributes to the monotone/monolithic look.

I think the aero wheels only look good on lightly colored cars where the dark gray color contrasts.

Aero wheels look good to me on white and red cars. On black, blue, and gray cars they don't look quite right. Undecided on silver.

Hopefully Tesla can come up with some alternative color styles. The "spokes" on the aero wheels being dark contributes to the monotone/monolithic look.

I think they look the best on black. It's the only reason I'm not too upset about black being my color because I refuse to pay for paint.

How? The obd isn't functional?
As an electric car there isn't much mandated for OBD port with its primary purpose being emissions testing. Model S for example has very little information available from OBD. You have to get to the diagnostic connectors elsewhere to get to the CAN-buses with cool information. Model 3 may have the same issue and possibly not have speed information available there, or "fuel level" , or whatever else the aftermarket HUD is expecting.

• Informative
Reactions: alseTrick
Does anyone think/know if that "Day/Night" display mode and Dimming on the LCD is 'Automatic' ( i.e. With a photosensitive eye) or is it something we have to manually toggle and adjust every time we get in the car. Meaning getting in and its daylight or getting in at night.

Also what is the "Screen Clean Mode"?

Until we get some towing/hitch information looks like my road bike will fit with the 60/40 drop down just like Elon said! YESSS:D

Ski

Reactions: DR61
Does anyone think/know if that "Day/Night" display mode and Dimming on the LCD is 'Automatic' ( i.e. With a photosensitive eye) or is it something we have to manually toggle and adjust every time we get in the car. Meaning getting in and its daylight or getting in at night.

Until we get some towing/hitch information looks like my road bike will fit with the 60/40 drop down just like Elon said! YESSS:D

Ski
Screen Clean mode allows you to put up a blank screen without active controls so you can clean the LCD without accidentally toggling stuff.

As for the dimming... on the S there's a auto-dim feature... so I'd suspect so.

• Informative
Reactions: EValuatED

Ski
It senses ambient lighting conditions and as @scaesare mentioned screen clean mode disables the screen temporarily.

Displays:
Manually control the brightness and the Day (light background) or Night (dark background) setting of the touchscreen and instrument panel. When set to Auto, the brightness changes automatically between day and night brightness based on ambient lighting conditions. When Auto-adjust is checked, the displays are further adjusted based on both the surroundings and by learning your preferences (i.e. it remembers the type of manual adjustments you make). To disable the touchscreen momentarily for cleaning purposes, touch Clean Mode
From Model S owners manual... likely the exact same behavior in Model 3

Does that show the Autopilot is set to be *1* car length behind when driving with the adaptive cruise control? Or is that just a multiplier of a dynamic distance based on speed, like 1 car stopping distance, cause 1 car length would scare the pants off me unless following a semi that cannot stop as fast as the Tesla.

-Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.