Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No such things as founder series. Need the VIN decoder, but pretty sure the F in the Model 3 VIN is for Fremont.
I was correct. F is for Fremont in the VIN.
b7cUjCS3JsTJy8HlOaumfhSPoeTrMoF-_yN_azhCMTcS0NHKG5QW2o8vYmg-IFX_sIn8m7ZfKM0eJjOMJmFjl2DFPPHXxjs9unTjoj5KA7i_xo-bxO5GcN7R6JfFe-eIW_o9Xjj1-_FDZa6-yGQffwtYn4xl5nL99X1TXTlrR1WW7chBgfV8Pr4ZexCmiZKDpMXeT5j5EAbHkn2vcL0ZP4FPv8p5tbTfMIpjm6ubc0RqUehQqI73g_00golUESA4uZ5fAWuDsD_TutegKMLpT4Ah3oKBAzrkm88fQNQAeQeIE9VpSZg4oNFx1REn5YnFhBtYIHE9akye5OWgeEC7DakZMxBAKfVmWuOBhJDFHK-mv82Tj0Iq_rMCOJ_apJwsMjL8AMj8wQJOfZHH1-Gg9AWbA9ejTB9KbkrXbWeGnXk67Wq0wGCrBtL-0z-IVkxOPXskDJZqlPXQviRNJNRKyC-rZw3ToyzgT-5JODDYoVWyQffRUsrbYnmyyL98uIEeYumZGB9Tcrt-Hob-Hi0Xsp9Ert6JgjprM_q0_AZDmKS6dAaMG0n30cbV6KaD8KAQ-wKubxCdjRL78nhdz0QbqIhI8qRoVeU5NW0Ovpg4mC4tnwJYgiRGhRUsWw3FpUo78Yf1o7Qxs6jQvQ8Gqaf3ww9_ttYl1bdXEmM1%3Dw963-h743-no

Reactions: hobbes
Note that this has a matte wrap or something so it may not be best reference for how the white will look.

Not so sure about this. To me this looks like an effect caused by moisture. Just look at the windows, and the Model S behind it. Perhaps the early morning humidity fogged the cars in some way. Over here I often see cars that look like this, especially now in the autumn/early winter.

One thing I noticed recently when looking at all these Model 3 pictures: to my eye and taste there is hardly any angle from which the Model 3 doesn't look gorgeous or at least very attractive. Makes the long wait for mine ever harder...

Not so sure about this. To me this looks like an effect caused by moisture. Just look at the windows, and the Model S behind it. Perhaps the early morning humidity fogged the cars in some way. Over here I often see cars that look like this, especially now in the autumn/early winter.

One thing I noticed recently when looking at all these Model 3 pictures: to my eye and taste there is hardly any angle from which the Model 3 doesn't look gorgeous or at least very attractive. Makes the long wait for mine ever harder...

Yeah, it was in morning with moisture all over it, but during the previous day, you could clearly see the matte finish (and the service adviser told me how the owner had it done too - he just didn't say whether it was painted, wrapped, or xpel, etc).

This article probably explains why all those Model 3s were in that random parking garage....along with S and X's.
Build fast, fix later: speed hurts quality at Tesla, some workers say

Known as “kickbacks” within Tesla, these vehicles have glitches as minor as dents and scratches to more complex troubles such as malfunctioning seats. Easy fixes are made swiftly on the factory floor, workers said.

Trickier cases head to one of Tesla’s outdoor parking lots to await repair. The backlog in one of those two lots, dubbed the “yard,” has exceeded 2,000 vehicles at times, workers told Reuters.

This article probably explains why all those Model 3s were in that random parking garage....along with S and X's.
Build fast, fix later: speed hurts quality at Tesla, some workers say

Known as “kickbacks” within Tesla, these vehicles have glitches as minor as dents and scratches to more complex troubles such as malfunctioning seats. Easy fixes are made swiftly on the factory floor, workers said.

Trickier cases head to one of Tesla’s outdoor parking lots to await repair. The backlog in one of those two lots, dubbed the “yard,” has exceeded 2,000 vehicles at times, workers told Reuters.

Definitely an interesting story, and the defect notes on the vehicles would indicate some truth to that, but I don't quite see how it explains the public lots (as opposed to what are probably on-site lots at the factory), and especially the one in LA that had the cars there one day and gone the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.