Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I have seen a lot worse on BMWs. I have never seen a European car that equals Honda the only exception was a CR-V I owned that was made in England.. If you read the internet comments on any car, you wouldn't buy it. If we still had an adequate supply of tool and die people in the US, Tesla probably wouldn't have as many fit complaints. However my 75 is fine.

Reactions: ApauloThirteen
Not sure if the Model 3 will require it, but the Model S is heavy enough that you need a big beefy jack. It's quite a bit of hardware to haul around. I have a pal who used to but eventually ditched it.

If I didn't have a cell phone, I would want to carry a spare. I'd rather call a tow truck than risk my life changing a tire on the side of a highway.

It's been a month since this thread began and not one single picture of a black Model 3 w/aero wheels. What gives?
igs3q7-0mPRukXbKA7HUG70_NZpT2pumsqYmxnJFjgv4GuGdXtz8EynXvpQ_HErb14d1Inpxtc5w_4l5R1kPYw18KESqTjSBw78IUXupJo_UjFp7vaiO49WXPRi9K7yH0haRcnmLdEMAGMs1U3PF0MjXuRCt856ye_v5dKxBxKmFoahVONYDWISNFPhdey8dKO_o_ZR-5rjdYDWQe3oIWxFLqQEeQ8ouC_XFMJwJTk0l5ixQanOcYjKPSMbpUSBzpy8cAuLz2z2qF_dxe31ihHgIRvUR2cbALWXK4qRz8Bispfmq0R7W5k1CcqBykuuLiYSxVUXAamhmmYyPfrAeGXFEFOrbgLnuj005UzsHX7NDnZ4IO6IOkrQ_x3jnUaJ2tAaAM5WQSdIgrHTHH-_UT2XvxOFncGMazyILY9O-7xTbV__qjb6751ZRBbkOxo1VYO5KsDItZwlgz9YthLiSEFmqAoiJu0Z5EB1xmCnqGcoDNIBV192sqOOo3VHwHkR85-fxcCRfgArQCbwTZ_DToEM1rPW2BBeJakDjNuAXg0o3mFRw10qx8KjDw7fLCUEEAnoMA12vXx7VBPBJDb0gjymmhZsNStPgnQeQf9VJ-h3xau_7Bq6B2WA_uy8SJ4Un58OrzQ-dHWvF3d3NG-heRs4g3NGmA0KZvifqEs4vEvh1sWg=s488-no

Actually, when I look at recent pictures of the first production Model 3s, I am very satisfied by how well built they look. No comparison the the early Model Ss and Xs. Thumbs up.
I agree.... I've seen a LOT of panel gap issues ever since the first RC's were spotted out in the wild. I even voiced one or two concerns...specifically where the "arms" of the trunk lid meet the roof rail. And we've all see that 1 RC that had a crazy huge 1" gap on the leading edge of the hood. But looking at all of the Production Model 3 pics, I have to say...as skeptical as I was that everything was going to line up nicely, I am very impressed at the work they've done. And I am phenomenally OCD when it comes to gaps and trim/pieces lining up. And yes...FAR fewer gap issues than when the S and the X came out.

RC VIN 313
Sat in the Model 3 in Tesla event in Manhattan today • r/teslamotors
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

9Lav3XV.jpg

aBkyKQR.jpg

7jZy549.jpg

(an investors only event not open to the public.)

The interior is as nice as its advertised. I tried to get a pic of the center console storage which is a bit on the smaller side that I would have expected. Also, the phone pad is cool but with a case on you cant click it right in. He confirmed the base model has a "slightly over 50kWh pack" while the extended right 75kWh. edit after watching Bjorn's YT there's much more storage than was apparent in my ~1min in the car

How can one confirm if it's an RC or production?

I don't think RCs have VIN plates. (At least I don't recall seeing pictures of any. That and the VIN decoding document didn't have anything to indicate production vs. RC, or anything else.)

No way they've produced 313 production vehicles. Definitely a RC.

Remember that Tesla doesn't always make the cars in VIN order. So they may have made the 30 cars they were delivering to customers VINs 1-30, and the 20 cars that they made in July that are for other purposes, like demos/test rides/etc., could be VINs 301-320.

I don't think they would be showing an RC to the WallStreet bankers that they are trying to sell bonds to.

I don't think RCs have VIN plates. (At least I don't recall seeing pictures of any. That and the VIN decoding document didn't have anything to indicate production vs. RC, or anything else.)

Remember that Tesla doesn't always make the cars in VIN order. So they may have made the 30 cars they were delivering to customers VINs 1-30, and the 20 cars that they made in July that are for other purposes, like demos/test rides/etc., could be VINs 301-320.

I don't think they would be showing an RC to the WallStreet bankers that they are trying to sell bonds to.

RCs do have VIN plates; here's another one posted elsewhere:

20170806_142108.jpg

Digit 9 of the VIN (the Check Digit as per Model 3 VIN Decoder) is where they appear to be different. The two RCs seem to have 4 and 5 there while the production VIN has 6 as the check digit.

model3-serialnumber-1200x900.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Digit 9 of the VIN (the Check Digit as per Model 3 VIN Decoder) is where they appear to be different. The two RCs seem to have 4 and 5 there while the production VIN has 6 as the check digit.

The check digit is a calculated value based on the rest of the digits. Such that if you change any other digit the check digit would tell you that it isn't a valid VIN number.

So if those are really RCs then there is no way to identify a RC car from a production car by just looking at the VIN number. (You would have to have a list of VINs, or VIN ranges, and what they were.)

• Informative
Reactions: gg_got_a_tesla
Status
Not open for further replies.