Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orange light created without an orange bulb

Thanks, I tried that and didn't like the color (wasn't very bright which is the problem with orange leds overall I think) so I got a color changing kit instead. Now I can set it to orange if I want or really any other color combo!
gPWckZW.jpg

Can you please share with us what kit that is and if the install was difficult? Also, how do you change the colors?

I got this kit, picked it up locally from Autozone.
https://www.autozone.com/exterior-l...s-multi-color-led-smart-lighting-kit/751577_0

I got the one that had 4 led strips though. Ended up going back and getting 2 additional strips (they sell them as add-on packs) as well as these smaller oreo-cookie sized ones. It uses a phone app to set up presets and change colors.

I buried all the wires so it involved some invasive work but it wasn't hard. I put the blue-tooth controller box in the empty space where the cup holders sit in front of and took off the side rails as well. It took about an hour or two to get everything set up and working the way I like it. I could probably post a tutorial if anyone cares enough showing how I routed the wires etc.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
what % did you go with? I am getting mine tinted this week and was worried the white ointerior would make 20 or 30 look too light

So that is (supposed to be) 3M Crystalline 20 sides and back on a overcast day. On a sunny day, the back is still dark but the front is a bit more visible due to the windshield.

I half expected the tint to be more green/blue hue but I see more brown.

Last edited:
Love it. I'm shooting for something very similar if not identical. How did you do your wheels? I'm going back and forth between powder coat (expensive but "best" solution), paint (a little cheaper, but not as durable), or plasti dip (cheap and less classy, but removable).
The wheels are powder coated Satin Black, You plan on going with the XPEL stealth look or the clear PPF, I was going in between which I wanted and I’m glad I picked the stealth PPF looks amazing.

Reactions: Deadpool_25
basic question - chrome delete; can you (should you) do that yourself? Or is it recommended to have a shop do it for you?

The answer is "it depends" I did my own chrome delete on my Q50 and I was quite happy with how it turned out. The Model 3 is a bit more difficult in my estimation because of the chrome under the mirror. I'm going to attempt it with the Tesla Bros. chrome delete kit releasing this Friday. If you absolutely, positively need it to be perfect, you should prob have a shop do it. I've also read it can cost $500-$800 depending on your location, which I'm not willing to pay. I'll give it a shot and live with the results. My $.2

Status
Not open for further replies.