Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's not really the PUP though (free or otherwise) since the sticker only mentions heated front seats; whereas, PUP provides heated seats all around. Still, that doesn't discount the possibility that Tesla may have unbundled the options and offered some of them at no charge to employees. This makes some sense if we consider the fact that no one has seen a Model 3 yet with a metal roof and textile seats... they may simply not have those options available yet and, for ease of manufacturing at this early stage, it may be more expedient to just give all cars the glass roof and "leather" seats so as not to hold up production.
All the stickers we have seen thus far list heated front seats under standard equipment. PUP adds heated rear seats. I have no idea why Tesla doesn't list heated front seats on their description of standard M3 features on the website.

It's pretty clear the white car has the premium interior, since it has the wood grain dash strip.

But that's not really the PUP though (free or otherwise) since the sticker only mentions heated front seats; whereas, PUP provides heated seats all around. Still, that doesn't discount the possibility that Tesla may have unbundled the options and offered some of them at no charge to employees. This makes some sense if we consider the fact that no one has seen a Model 3 yet with a metal roof and textile seats... they may simply not have those options available yet and, for ease of manufacturing at this early stage, it may be more expedient to just give all cars the glass roof and "leather" seats so as not to hold up production.

Just comparing interior details on the stickers with and without PuP bing charged:

20170903_071124.jpg
IMG_0664.JPG-1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
Maybe the employees don't want EAP/FSD.....maybe they know stuff that non employees dont? Or they'll get it free....
As far as I know the only configuration produced and sold at this time should be LR+PuP. So I do think they all have this configuration.

Maybe they have had some sort of internal competition where the employees that "win" get the PuP at no additional cost? But then it still should be listed with a price of $0.

so on the advice of someone on reddit, i went to the new fremont delivery center (just 1 mile south of factory) and found 7 model 3s ready to be delivered. i focused on white #140 since it has my exact configuration but also noticed the sticker clearly stating no PUP, but i looked in the interior and looked up at the roof and it was clearly glass roof cross the whole cabin. also the interior materials looks all leather to me, so i'm not sure what's going on, maybe the sticker was printed incorrectly? unlikely.

Maybe it's the "something special" Elon mentioned he'd give to Day-1 Line Reservationers.....I know I know...wishful thinking....we give him $1,000 sight unseen, and he gives us $5,000 PUP.

--Cintoman

Wish we could see the back of this Model 3 as I wonder where it is from. Weird to see a Model 3 spotted in NC so soon.
I'd say it's only .9 times as weird as you seem to imply. It's far from its intended "safe zone" for early issues, but it is well within the SuperCharger network, and if there are any problems, they just go to the closest Service Center and grab some old Model S loaner.

If he was not content with the 19" sport wheels, why would he get an another car, exactly like the first¹ but with the 18" standard wheels? Replacing the wheels seems to me to be a simpler² and faster solution to that problem. Or maybe he was just testing out the rims he will have for the winter tires?

¹) As far as I know it would have to be exactly like, as I do suppose they still don't get any other choice then wheels and color, and the color is still the same.
²) Ref "Occam's razor"

...or I could be right that it was 2 different cars...

two-cars.png

Status
Not open for further replies.