Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from Electrek.

img_61041.jpeg

Seating and dash don't look like leather and wood, but they do look nice and designed toward a million miles.

Silver, like this, with the chameleon wheels and light on battery is what I am hoping for.

Last edited by a moderator:
...or I could be right that it was 2 different cars...
Yes, that was also a possibility, but until you got that answer, that was the least possible of the alternatives (but not impossible).

... but then it raises an other question: why and how he got two exactly like cars (except the wheels) this soon in the production ramp up?

I tend to agree that the blue is gross.. but the idea of painting/wrapping the covers in different colors to make them less horrendous is certainly not silly.
I have been thinking of making that part of the wheel-cover in chrome. Yes, I know some people don't like chrome, but with a dark color like blue one-colored dark wheels simply don't "work" for me, but I would like to use the covers. Yes, it could also work with white or maybe some light "brushed metal" wrapping.

So do these VINs mean Tesla is on track for their guided production rate or can we not say since VINs may not be in order?
While we can't be exactly sure of production numbers based on VINs, things are feeling pretty good to me. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Even if they're a bit behind on the September goal, the numbers are obviously increasing with a lot of deliveries in the past week or so. And really being a week or three off today doesn't make much difference since by January or February that's like 3 days worth of production.

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
This is from Electrek.

View attachment 246973

Seating and dash don't look like leather and wood, but they do look nice and designed toward a million miles.

Silver, like this, with the chameleon wheels and light on battery is what I am hoping for.

Not sure why you don't think the seating looks like leather, and the wood portion of the dash is slightly lower than the black portion right against the windshield. It's there, you just can't see it from this angle.

Also noticed that the car in the center has a front license plate mounted.

I live in San Francisco and would like to see a Model 3 asap. Is the Fremont factory my best chance to see them? Are they also doing deliveries at the San Francisco store?

i'm very experienced now in finding model 3s in the wild. first thing you have to do is come to fremont. most people living the city have never ventured out that far south (its nowhere near gilroy.) a lot of people misspell fremont (it's not freemont).

anyway assuming you find fremont, best place to find model 3s is at the employee parking lot at factory (where all the destination chargers are) or at the new delivery center (47623 Fremont blvd). don't touch them - they are not yours.

i'm very experienced now in finding model 3s in the wild. first thing you have to do is come to fremont. most people living the city have never ventured out that far south (its nowhere near gilroy.) a lot of people misspell fremont (it's not freemont).

anyway assuming you find fremont, best place to find model 3s is at the employee parking lot at factory (where all the destination chargers are) or at the new delivery center (47623 Fremont blvd). don't touch them - they are not yours.
I'm going to the Bay area this weekend and intend to do exactly this. Just want to make sure, are random people like me allowed to drive or walk in the area freely? I once tried to look at the Gigafactory up close but there is a security point that stops all outsiders.

I'm going to the Bay area this weekend and intend to do exactly this. Just want to make sure, are random people like me allowed to drive or walk in the area freely? I once tried to look at the Gigafactory up close but there is a security point that stops all outsiders.

both areas are open, for now. don't abuse it, be respectful of other people's/tesla's property, and please no selfies, otherwise tesla might change their mind in the future. i think they like all the social media attention from leaving their new model 3s out in the open, free marketing.

I am on the fence but there is a very high probability I'll be plasti dipping my 19" wheels. I really wanted dark sport wheels but since they don't exist I'll be probably forcing the issue. I have already gotten two colors (black and gunmetal) of plasti dip and have been practicing on my stainless Yeti/Rtic cups. I like how it is coming out but the texture is kind of sticky. Not sure how that will hold up.

I have never desired to do this before but I really want minimal chrome on the car. I might plasti dip all the trim.

I am on the fence but there is a very high probability I'll be plasti dipping my 19" wheels. I really wanted dark sport wheels but since they don't exist I'll be probably forcing the issue. I have already gotten two colors (black and gunmetal) of plasti dip and have been practicing on my stainless Yeti/Rtic cups. I like how it is coming out but the texture is kind of sticky. Not sure how that will hold up.

I have never desired to do this before but I really want minimal chrome on the car. I might plasti dip all the trim.
Oh good, someone else in Austin that wants to do the same thing I want to do. I'll go ahead and drop off my car after you've worked out all the kinks on yours :p

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J and dc_h
Status
Not open for further replies.