Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the biggest Monroney sticker you have ever seen or what?
Or the 3 is a really really small car. Conspiracy theorists to the rescue!

My guess is they are printing them on legal-size paper with no intent to affix them to windows like a mere dealership commonly would. They just set the margins to fill the whole sheet.

Or..........

The Model 3 is really only a little bigger than a Geo Metro! :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: tgal and e-FTW
Just want to point out that when people say RC in this context, they really mean that it was built for internal purposes.
It was the car that was shown to the investors. It certainly wasn't produced recently ;) Maybe we could call it pre-production model? If the RC label is too hard to swallow?
Tesla brings a Model 3 to New York to sell its new bonds

EDIT.
Or simply a SOP car

No. Glass.

It's a production car, just not a customer car. Chances are the initial run of cars to be distributed to stores as display models and test drive cars will also have a separate VIN sequence (they did during the Model S ramp). Once production started, everything is a production car. They are no longer release candidates or preproduction. That said, I believe the 300 series cars are internal, and the VINs are not in order.

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingRockies
My guess is they are printing them on legal-size paper with no intent to affix them to windows like a mere dealership commonly would. They just set the margins to fill the whole sheet.

Or..........

The Model 3 is really only a little bigger than a Geo Metro! :eek:
It's things like this which show why we need physical models to look at and try in the marketplace.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
From Model 3 Owners Club: (delivered yesterday, along with what look like several others):

image1 (1).JPG
image1.JPG
image2 (1).JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Thanks and congrats to member PTFI over there!

It should ramp up faster than that though. At 50% it should ramp to 70-80 or so before even adding a mile
:sigh: I know. I'm trying to be optimistic. I've been pessimistic about supercharging lately. Frustratingly I've only been getting ~60kW in my X (but at an old station that I know the cables/handle overheat). Then the announcement about Urban superchargers only being 72kW anyway. Next road trip in a couple weeks is in a different direction, and I should be happier pulling 105+kW.

Reactions: McManX
:sigh: I know. I'm trying to be optimistic. I've been pessimistic about supercharging lately. Frustratingly I've only been getting ~60kW in my X (but at an old station that I know the cables/handle overheat). Then the announcement about Urban superchargers only being 72kW anyway. Next road trip in a couple weeks is in a different direction, and I should be happier pulling 105+kW.

Could just be a temporary low power SC at the delivery center or shared but who knows. Also strange it still shows an S with the original wheels.

Yah I've been having troubles with SCs lately too, never getting above 70-80 in my X as well. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon (especially for us 90D packs).

Is this the first clear pic of the dash without wood trim? or have we seen already. It looks fine from that view.
The seats still look like leather (or fake leather) they definitely don't look like cloth, although you can only really make out the side bolsters.

EDIT: I've changed my mind. I'm not sure if you can see the piece where the wood trim is or not in these photos. So it could still be there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.