Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A spare plus jack weighs about 30-40 lbs. takes up cargo room and affects fuel economy.... which is why most high end manufacturers have switched to run-flats or inflator kits.

The one big advantage of run-flats is there is no need for the driver to stop the car and get out to address the flat tire problem. There are many circumstances where it is quite dangerous to get out of the car to attend to a flat tire. Much better to limp home at 40-50mph with a compromised run-flat and then spend the $200 to replace it. In my opinion.
I have roadside assistance, so I don't really need the jack, just the spare tires. Does Tesla offer roadside assistance?

I have roadside assistance, so I don't really need the jack, just the spare tires. Does Tesla offer roadside assistance?

Free roadside assistance is definitely included with the S and X. I'm not sure about the 3. The one time I got a flat in my S a tow truck came with a spare Tesla wheel and put it on, and I returned it to the service center the next day when I brought in my car to have my tire replaced (it was too big of a blowout to fix with goo).

Anybody concerned with the funk panel gaps and misalignment on nearly every picture we've seen so far? What's even more concerning is that the issues seem to be different on each car. I get it, issues happen, mistakes are made, especially on the first few cars off the line, but you'd think special attention would be paid to these initial highly publicized cars that will be the subject of thousands of scrutinized pictures over the coming months.

upload_2017-8-7_11-5-43.png

I know some of you will cry "shadow" or "angle", and while I've only included a few angles of each car here, you can go back and look at other angles and the issues remain. And even if they are merely tricks of the eye, isn't it still an issue if your eye tricks you into making the car look sloppily built? It's either poor construction or poor design.

Frunk issues will be famous on Model 3, especially after a few years. Maybe black or midnight silver will be the best colors to hide the shoddy fit and finish.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
Anybody concerned with the funk panel gaps and misalignment on nearly every picture we've seen so far? What's even more concerning is that the issues seem to be different on each car. I get it, issues happen, mistakes are made, especially on the first few cars off the line, but you'd think special attention would be paid to these initial highly publicized cars that will be the subject of thousands of scrutinized pictures over the coming months.

View attachment 240264

I know some of you will cry "shadow" or "angle", and while I've only included a few angles of each car here, you can go back and look at other angles and the issues remain. And even if they are merely tricks of the eye, isn't it still an issue if your eye tricks you into making the car look sloppily built? It's either poor construction or poor design.

Frunk issues will be famous on Model 3, especially after a few years. Maybe black or midnight silver will be the best colors to hide the shoddy fit and finish.

All I know is that there have been a gazillion posts with every Tesla release talking about how absolutely horrible all the panel alignment is. Actually, the Model 3 has had a lot less posts of this sort than what I remember from the Model S and the Model X releases.

I can't imagine waiting so long for a car and then getting something that you wouldn't normally take possession of from any other dealership.
If your Model 3 looked like the one in the photos, would you wait another 6 months to get one or suck it up and drive away in that mess.

I can't imagine waiting so long for a car and then getting something that you wouldn't normally take possession of from any other dealership.
If your Model 3 looked like the one in the photos, would you wait another 6 months to get one or suck it up and drive away in that mess.

I wouldn't even notice. The pictures look fine to me. I can't believe how thingy people are about their cars.

If you want to compare it to the Model S wheel why don't you use the real Model 3 wheel and not a prototype version?
The current Model 3 steering wheel looks like this:
Tesla-Model-3-interior.jpg

Doh! I should have known absence of arrows on the side of the scroll wheels was a giveaway. I'm more pleased with this, I'd post a game of thrones style walk of shame but that would rapidly get me banned.

I'd have them fix it if it looks like the one in the photos. In the meantime, they should provide a loaner.

Reactions: voip-ninja

View attachment 240264

If those are from RCs I doubt they were using the final aluminum stamp.

Limping home on a run flat rather than waiting as long as 2 hours for a roadside assistance truck to show up and try to fix a flat tire is infinitely better.

In my opinion again.

Run flats 10 years ago had horrible ride quality and wore out quite quickly compared to conventional tires. They however have improved a lot in the last 5 or so years.

• Helpful
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Limping home on a run flat rather than waiting as long as 2 hours for a roadside assistance truck to show up and try to fix a flat tire is infinitely better.

In my opinion again.

Run flats 10 years ago had horrible ride quality and wore out quite quickly compared to conventional tires. They however have improved a lot in the last 5 or so years.
I currently have AAA roadside assistance and they usually show up within 15 minutes. Unless it's the peak of commute hours.

Is it confirmed that Model 3 will have run flats?

I'd have them fix it if it looks like the one in the photos. In the meantime, they should provide a loaner.
given the current situation, how long do you think that would take? What if they have to order new panels? What if they work out the seams but now you have a misshapen panel?

Ive seen enough posts on the Model S forum where people have similar problems, or bad paint jobs, etc and it takes weeks or months to work out and they are driving a
POS ICE enterprise rentacar while the vehicle gathers dust on the lot. Tesla is about to put half a million more cars on the road. This group of owners will not be as forgiving as you.

In my opinion again.

Will they cause a hit on efficiency or handling?

given the current situation, how long do you think that would take? What if they have to order new panels? What if they work out the seams but now you have a misshapen panel?

Ive seen enough posts on the Model S forum where people have similar problems, or bad paint jobs, etc and it takes weeks or months to work out and they are driving a
POS ICE enterprise rentacar while the vehicle gathers dust on the lot. Tesla is about to put half a million more cars on the road. This group of owners will not be as forgiving as you.
I live 10 minutes from the Fremont factory. They bring in rolls of aluminum and stamp the different panels there. I don't think it will take months. But if they let me use an S or X as a loaner they can take their time. Based on the pictures of the production vehicles, the panels look great. I'm 100% positive that people will run into panel gap issues, but I don't think it will be a common problem. Also it's not a major issue so I may not even bring the car in right away if it happens to me. I'm okay driving around with some misaligned panel gaps for a few months if it does come to that.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Anybody concerned with the funk panel gaps and misalignment on nearly every picture we've seen so far?
I am not concerned. After 5 years of volume S/X production Tesla knows how to build cars.

I recently saw production Model 3 VIN 33 up close, in full sun, from all angles. It looked fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.