Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the First Model 3 on the east coast apparently just rolled up to my work, owner says he drove it from California • r/teslamotors

>when I talked to him he says he works for Tesla, and that he was one of the first ones to receive one.

18" with no wheel covers:
6uwwk471dwjz.jpg

--------------

Model 3s at the Fremont factory today • r/teslamotors

VIN: #120, #141

Model 3s at Fremont factory

DnRRGP4.jpg

XaH2K9E.jpg
l5yuLPr.jpg

AsQwTYC.jpg

01ldUD0.jpg

VGsfQNa.jpg

N3Y8uyt.jpg

vabIayp.jpg

EIKcLly.jpg

SXprlX1.jpg

lepQhS1.jpg

1ZfGwBy.jpg

OCyORPF.jpg

6rhnXnn.jpg
What's with the blue tint on the door handles on the black M3?

Now looking at the 18" aero wheels, I think I start to see aesthetically they don't match the chrome trim pieces, vs the 19" sports wheel mirror the chrome trims nicely. This stand out especially on the dark color cars. Maybe this is why the aero looks the best on the white car. Ughh, so now I may have to consider the 19" wheel, talking about 1st world problems...

The visuals in the picture remain misleading, in spite of the excellent centering; with phone camera at fairly close range, the extra 10" to the M3 really matter; in addition, the M3 is all black, thus looking smaller than it really is, whereas the MS has those aggressive fog lights as well as the full horizontal line created by the hood decoration and the wider and thinner headlights, all contributing to make it look wider than it is.
Plus, who wants the car to be big *outside*? it's *inside* that matters and the Tesla specs show the M3 as having more head and shoulder room than the MS, with the same leg room (but with less hip room).

Yeah, I like the Aero wheels with the white body, but on everything else they go from bad to worse.
Actually, I think they look great with the red; the problem, as noted earlier, is that the chrome around the windows, which looks very good with the 19" wheels, clashes with the dark grey of the 18" wheels -- except on the white and silver models, where the chrome does not stand out as much.

Actually, I think they look great with the red; the problem, as noted earlier, is that the chrome around the windows, which looks very good with the 19" wheels, clashes with the dark grey of the 18" wheels -- except on the white and silver models, where the chrome does not stand out as much.
That's it! I don't hate the wheels, but something looked wrong. Thx for explaining.

The visuals in the picture remain misleading, in spite of the excellent centering; with phone camera at fairly close range, the extra 10" to the M3 really matter; in addition, the M3 is all black, thus looking smaller than it really is, whereas the MS has those aggressive fog lights as well as the full horizontal line created by the hood decoration and the wider and thinner headlights, all contributing to make it look wider than it is.
Plus, who wants the car to be big *outside*? it's *inside* that matters and the Tesla specs show the M3 as having more head and shoulder room than the MS, with the same leg room (but with less hip room).
For some reason the Model 3 does not get well represented in photos. The first time I saw the Model 3, it was parked next to a Model S. The first impression I got was oh wow, it's not that much smaller. But some of these pictures make the Model 3 look like it's 25% smaller than the Model S. In reality the Model 3 is about the same size as a BMW 3-series. It's a good a size.

Alright today I saw a Model X in Midnight Silver, and it pretty much calmed my anxiety about the color being too blue. It's definitely more grey than it is blue, which is what I was hoping for. I feel like the photos that show it in the more grey tones are the most accurate when you're seeing it in person.

So to anybody else worried about the color, rest assured that it was grey enough for me. I was worried it was going to look too much like my wife's Slate Corolla, but it's not even close. It's a rich dark grey that definitely stands out next to other grey cars, and it actually looks fantastic with the silver trim and sport rims.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.