Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nLy24Mq.jpg

Roseville ca supercharger

Car looks better in person.

Nice catch! I’ve been keeping an eye for a m3 to show up at that supercharger. I assume this was last night and it’s not still there. ;)

Come on guys. Surely everyone has seen a BMW 3 series on the road. The Model 3 is that size. Obviously the interior dimensions will be better since you don't have to worry about the drivetrain components.
Not to mention there have been a slew of photos and video of both the exterior and interior. Of which I'm very grateful for since I live a bit far from Cali. ;-)

Keep the photos and vids coming!

The quoted spec for Model 3 is wrong (because of a typo in the original press kit). It has since been corrected to 82.2", 76.1" folded.

Model 3
Press Kit | Tesla

Thanks STP, it did look odd

So, it's about an 8% actual difference in width, no qualifiers, that to my eye looks about 3-4X that size a difference in that particular photo.

Last edited:
Nice try, but nope! The lens effect is still in play: most phone's lenses have a wide field of view, meaning there is a slight fisheye effect to pictures, making size comparisons very difficult, unless you take the picture while aiming right between the vehicles to try and make the fisheye effect the same for both cars.
But in the end, wait until you sit in it before making assumptions about space versus size of the car. I cannot wait to downsize myself, so I am really not concerned about it Bégin smaller than the S.

I’ve come to really like the Model 3 nose even more than the S refresh nose. One of several style refinements Franz made that look awesomely beautiful to me.

Yes, much better. Thank you. Here it is cropped down and leveled. The Model S is still parked forward of the 3, which makes it look bigger, but nothing you could have done about that. It really seems there is a discrepancy between the official width specs and all the pictures of the 3.

comp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.