Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw another one (am up to 5 sightings! 3 this week!) last night, as my wife and I crossed the street in Glen Park neighborhood of San Francisco.
I saw that the headlights of the car stopped at the traffic light were different than any other layout currently stored in my brain. Yes, I have that sickness, and a lot of you do as well.
Quickly realized that pattern matched up to the 3, told my wife (her first sighting, so I punched her in the arm, someone will get that) and we finished crossing and checked it out from the curb. Dark gray, 19 inch wheels. Light turned, and it silently levitated away.
No pics, but I gave you a little story!
Punch buggy with M3 sighting! I like it.

Reactions: e-FTW
The gang's all here! ♥️ • r/teslamotors

o3ZQEGC.jpg

Finally saw my first one while on foot (in Silicon Valley area). White with the big sexy wheels. Man is this car good looking in person. Remember that most phone pictures have a wide lens effect, so that rear end is not that huge.
VIN #510 reporting for duty!

View attachment 255768
Did you see the Bolt? Me neither...

View attachment 255770
Does this picture make me look fat?
Hmm, this sounds like a trick question...

View attachment 255769
View attachment 255767
Just saw this one (#510) again, in the same spot. Figured I'd post this pic here:
IMG_7754.JPG

There are hundreds of 5 x 114.3mm ET 40 aftermarket wheels available on TireRack.com at far more competitive prices :cool:

I liked TireRack web site better when you could select wheels without submitting a vehicle type. Back then you could actually see all the 5x114.3 40mm offset 19” wheels at once.
I checked out a lot of MS wheels in 19” on TireRack. Biggest problem appears to the weight with some 3 lbs per wheel heavier than the stock MS wheel. Really liked these BBS. 25.45lbs, 3.55 lbs lighter per wheel than the stock MS wheel. Pricey but really nice on a white car. From the BBS catalogue the one for the M3 is only 24.4 lbs.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=CI2102BPO&wheelMake=BBS&wheelModel=CI-R&wheelFinish=Black w/Polished Stainless Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+S&autoYear=2017&autoModClar=75D&visLoc=1

Last edited:
Maybe it’s the angle of the wheels but it doesn’t look to me like it matches the car color very well.
This is the car owned by the Russian who works in the Tesla engineering dept in Fremont. I presume he was able to get some paint from the paint dept. to paint the wheel covers. Call me tacky but I like his bravery to try something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.