Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry OT and stupid question, but what is the creep thingy? Is there wiki or good description somewhere?

It's a feature electric cars have that mimic what automatic ICE cars do normally: with an ICE car, when you let your foot off the brake, the car automatically starts to "creep" forward without you stepping on the accelerator pedal. Creep mode mimics this with Electric cars. Some people like to have this "feature", others prefer the normal way electric cars operate: when you let off the brake, the car doesn't move forward.

--Cintoman

manuals usually end up rolling any time you're on a hill. also, its a royal pain to move cars with manual in stop and go, parking. hence creep FTW. the only change i'd do to creep is automatic breaking to avoid rear end collisions which happen because of creep.
With creep off, you can press the brake pedal firmly to engage Hill Hold on any grade. That is the real benefit of turning creep off; you no longer have to keep your foot on the brake to keep your car from moving at a stop light. It's much less fatiguing and you will find you have much more patience for long stop lights. (think holiday traffic!)

With creep off, you can press the brake pedal firmly to engage Hill Hold on any grade. That is the real benefit of turning creep off; you no longer have to keep your foot on the brake to keep your car from moving at a stop light. It's much less fatiguing and you will find you have much more patience for long stop lights. (think holiday traffic!)
Let's not turn this into a creep thread. It's been well hashed out. (Creep sucks.)
Sorry I was a creep and continued the creep discussion, you are absolutely correct, this is a thread for PICTURES (with VINs)... my bad.

#notateslaemployee

Instagram post by @vwhuang • Dec 21, 2017 at 5:04am UTC

25010596_395684070852728_6848368925915217920_n.jpg

Hey, that's Vern. And, no, he's not an employee, just an early adopter. Nice...

That’s a huge statement. Coming from a 90d... there goes that idea about getting a used S instead of holding out for the 3. Lol

Merry Christmas indeed! Congrats.

I can’t imagine how good the 3 will be with dual motors. It just feels so much lighter in turns and overall a very fun car to drive. I would only consider used S with AP 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.