Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that You You Xue (pronounced Yo Yo Sheh not Yu Yu Shu) has a California address but is also a university student In Europe and will be shipping the car to Europe as soon as he is done with his North American tour. He has hinted that he is then going to be doing a Central Europe tour...............where he will be totally mobbed at each stop!

Oooh, this is super exciting! But isn't there an issue with charging?

• Helpful
Reactions: Gtech
I hope they are building a lot more superchargers in the bay area. I saw 4 model 3s at Stanford mall. 1 at Stanford hospital. 2 on Hwy 280. One on the off ramp for Saratoga. Finally one more driving through downtown Saratoga. Most of them did not have license plates.

Very exciting to see so many on the streets. The other manufactures should be embarrassed.

Oooh, this is super exciting! But isn't there an issue with charging?

Yeah, I would think that would be a big barrier to using a US spec car overseas -- the charging ports are all different. Unless he's arranged to get it swapped out or has some sort of adapter (or quite possibly there's something I'm missing), I don't think that's going to work out so well.

Yeah, I would think that would be a big barrier to using a US spec car overseas -- the charging ports are all different. Unless he's arranged to get it swapped out or has some sort of adapter (or quite possibly there's something I'm missing), I don't think that's going to work out so well.
Attached is a map of Superchargers in Central Europe. He seems to know what he is doing and is familiar with the adapters he needs.
suc.jpg

Attached is a map of Superchargers in Central Europe. He seems to know what he is doing and is familiar with the adapters he needs.

But it's not just "adapters" like it is in the U.S. I believe the spec in most, if not all, of Europe is three-phase AC power and single-phase in the US. And certainly the EU Superchargers have a different plug/wand altogether, and there are no EU supercharger ->US socket adapters for DC supercharging as far as I know.
He might be able to get an L2 charger setup going, but I really don't think Supercharging will work.

• Informative
Reactions: transpondster
!vinbot Model 3 #1358 #2280 #1832 #1193 #1167 #1251 #2322 #2520 #2398
It's dirty red multicoat! :D Based on the amount of dust on those cars, they've been sitting for at least a few days, and probably more than a week in some cases.
How does the red actually look in person? Does it look more in the magenta range like some of those photos, or is it a true red, fire engineish?

How does the red actually look in person? Does it look more in the magenta range like some of those photos, or is it a true red, fire engineish?
vin#1007 found at Dedham SC around Dec 17th under the lights, will give a different perspective. The red looks different under different lighting conditions.
EDIT: its somewhat closer to crimson-red in bmw 335 (my current car)

Also, do note the OCT registration, so this 3 has been in mass/new-england area for a while now.

nqVoTLn.jpg

FJXAAnK.jpg

rvI74uJ.jpg

4ckzYpk.jpg

V8j3eni.jpg

WKuDSO3.jpg

0pBlADW.jpg

8mEXWrs.jpg

FzfLrcb.jpg

Bgc37Im.jpg

Run over to the Tesla store and look at a red MS/X. It is the same red. I saw one in the sun and there is very little blue tone to the red but that could change due to lighting conditions.

My wife saw the red in person, in the sun, and now that is the color she wants, I want white. The only solution is to get TWO!

Yes, it's the same red as on the S. It just fits better somehow on the 3; subjectively speaking, the S's proportions never quite jelled with the red. We had never owned a red car before but, felt that it was the better bet of the two real colors, red and blue; we didn't want any of the other "shades of gray".

Reactions: PeterK
Status
Not open for further replies.