Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo, are there anymore deliveries happening or did it kind of stop after the New Year. I kinda thought we would be seeing more not less deliveries if they are doing a 1000 cars per week. Did I miss something?
I personally stopped posting because there are so many sightings, if you're really paranoid I suggest you do your own research, here are a few places I used:

1) Check out TMC's Model 3 Ordering, Production, Delivery sub forum
2) setting up a search using #model3 on Instagram and Twitter. I used to get a lot of pictures of people taking M3 deliveries when only employees were getting them, and sightings were not as common
3) check out Tesla Reddit, I go straight for the newest posts, people used to post M3 sightings there also back when only employees were getting deliveries
4) Join FB's "Tesla Model 3" group, non-employees are posting about getting their own deliveries there now

There are other online forums discussing M3 deliveries, I won't link to all of them

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
IMG_9506_RAW.jpg
IMG_9520_RAW.jpg
IMG_9524_RAW.jpg

I personally stopped posting because there are so many sightings, if you're really paranoid I suggest you do your own research, here are a few places I used:

1) Check out TMC's Model 3 Ordering, Production, Delivery sub forum
2) setting up a search using #model3 on Instagram and Twitter. I used to get a lot of pictures of people taking M3 deliveries when only employees were getting them, and sightings were not as common
3) check out Tesla Reddit, I go straight for the newest posts, people used to post M3 sightings there also back when only employees were getting deliveries
4) Join FB's "Tesla Model 3" group, non-employees are posting about getting their own deliveries there now

There are other online forums discussing M3 deliveries, I won't link to all of them

Thanks. I’ll check them out. So guilty on the paranoid thing...or at least a bit. I hear rumblings and of course read articles that predict the demise of Tesla because they shifted things back another three months again so yah, a bit. We are still two years plus away but will probably put the order in next year. Does Tesla give any hint on weekly or monthly numbers or do we have to wait till the end of the quarter every time.

Really want to see this company go.

John.

So guilty on the paranoid thing...or at least a bit. I hear rumblings and of course read articles that predict the demise of Tesla because they shifted things back another three months again so yah, a bit.
These type of reports are called Fear.Uncertainty.Doubt (FUD). This technique is used by those who have an agenda, for example someone who will make money if Tesla's stock price declines. There is often an element of truth is some reports but both extremely negative or extremely positive reports should be taken with some skepticism - including mine.
We are still two years plus away but will probably put the order in next year. Does Tesla give any hint on weekly or monthly numbers or do we have to wait till the end of the quarter every time.

Really want to see this company go..
No, Tesla only gives quarterly reports on production and deliveries. Elon will often give hints in some random Tweets, but like ALL prominent people who chose to give company policy in Tweets, they are usually subject to change.

In my opinion, the future value of Tesla and their products will dwarf the likes of Microsoft, Apple, and all the oil companies combined (again, view with skepticism).

Thanks. I’ll check them out. So guilty on the paranoid thing...or at least a bit. I hear rumblings and of course read articles that predict the demise of Tesla because they shifted things back another three months again so yah, a bit. We are still two years plus away but will probably put the order in next year. Does Tesla give any hint on weekly or monthly numbers or do we have to wait till the end of the quarter every time.

Really want to see this company go.

John.
Maybe we will hear something at the quarter reports call in the beginning of February butt there is a risk that we have to wait until the beginning of may when they reports first qurater deliveries.

Nope, if you don't pay sales or use tax in one state, you are gonna' have to pay it in another.

Not all states CHARGE sales tax.

Also, I mentioned and no one responded. If I buy the car with ALL OTA updates then when I register the car the value will be X dollars, if I buy the updates after I get home the value at the DMV will be Y dollars. So my registration will be less each following year, yes?

Or are ALL Tesla Model 3's valued the same and everyone pays the same to register them? I feel this cannot be true as I own two Vectrix motorcycles, one I paid $5000 for and one I bought at auction for $500, and registration for the identical bikes is very different in cost.

-Randy

Not all states CHARGE sales tax.
Exactly. Generally, in the USA if you make an out of state purchase, and move/consume said item in your own state of residence, you owe a use tax that brings the total tax up to what it would have been if you had purchased in your home state.

It's very much enforced on major purchases such as vehicles. Candy bars not so much.

Sorry no pics of major thread derailment LOL. Back on track now, should open up a separate thread if further discussion warranted.

IIRC CA tax filing asks if you've made purchase out of state that doesn't charge sales tax, like over the internet. Maybe it was a couple years ago that I used to look up my Amazon purchases and report them just to be safe. I'm guessing that out of state purchase would fall in the same category, you state of residency would claim the tax. So you may still have to report and pay CA sales tax unless if you actually change your state of residency during the time of your purchase.

Strange..... I never had to claim the sales tax difference in gas purchases to Calif when buying gas in NJ.

• Funny
Reactions: insaneoctane
Status
Not open for further replies.