Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been using the appropriate size on my Model S with 19" wheels (different size than what you would need for your Model 3). My hope is to get longer tire life than the OEM tires that came with my Model S (Michelin Primacy MXM4, been through two sets of those, lasting 36K and 30K miles respectively). So far so good I'd say...I'm not really a car guy so subtle differences in handling, energy efficiency, noise, etc. would probably be lost on me.

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: hybridbear
Thank y
I've been using the appropriate size on my Model S with 19" wheels (different size than what you would need for your Model 3). My hope is to get longer tire life than the OEM tires that came with my Model S (Michelin Primacy MXM4, been through two sets of those, lasting 36K and 30K miles respectively). So far so good I'd say...I'm not really a car guy so subtle differences in handling, energy efficiency, noise, etc. would probably be lost on me.

Bruce.
Thank you.

Any experience with the above tires? I am thinking of getting it for my Model 3 Long Range RWD (235 40/19). I am in Southern California. The OEM tires are done after 25K. These have high ratings on Tire Rack.

Any input is appreciated.
If you believe Consumer Reports ratings, these are pretty average on grip, but *very* quiet and have lower than average rolling resistance.

Reactions: PaulStreetBoy
I had them on a Nissan Altima and initially hated them. They lost traction in situations where my previous Continental PureContact's had no issues. They did eventually get better (or perhaps I adjusted my expectations) but I personally wouldn't consider them for purchase.

Thank you. I just ordered from Tire Rack for $150 (Closeout).

Doing some tire shopping and these are at the top of my list. I see some people have complained about traction in wet conditions though, do you find this to be an issue with these tires? I’m also curious to hear what your efficiency is like with these? Someone on another forum said they were as efficient as his previous 18” Aeros were with MXM4’s — wondering if you find them to be as good as that?

Tire Rack now has the Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 2 which was announced in Feb 2020. It has a 5% bigger contact patch and improved wet traction and wet braking. Now I’m not not sure if I should go with P7 gen 1 or P7 gen 2.

Thoughts?

Not on my Tesla, but I used Pirelli's for years on my previous two Jaguar XJ's. They are great tires but have soft rubber and I always chewed through them well before the warranty period. This allowed me to replace them much cheaper under warranty but ultimately I changed to a Goodyear tire after Discount Tire told me Jags, BMW's, and other high performance cars always did this with Perelli's.

Just my experience, I loved the way the Pirelli's drove.

Gen 2 because gen1 after some miles have no wet traction. I would recommend Michelin cross climates if you’re on 18inch. Plus you could get the warranty for your mxm4 it has 45k warranty.

That's what I was thinking. I was able to get the Gen 2 for $193 per tire, so only $40 more per tire than the Gen 1 on closeout. Seemed like a good deal to me for the added safety/control in wet conditions. Getting them put on on Thursday so we'll see how I like them.

Reactions: dcdttu