Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid 21” rear tire woes - factory defect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Discount tire put T0 revision tires on the front of my car and T2 revision tires on the rear. I should have been paying more attention. They already screwed it up once and put Pilot Super Sport tires on the front, and Pilot 4S in the rear.

They say "Acoustic" on them and were made the 23rd week of 2023, so I don't quite know what is going on. What I think I can get from Tirerack is they might not have the foam in them..... *sugar*.

1693945805113.png

Discount tire put T0 revision tires on the front of my car and T2 revision tires on the rear. I should have been paying more attention. They already screwed it up once and put Pilot Super Sport tires on the front, and Pilot 4S in the rear.

They say "Acoustic" on them and were made the 23rd week of 2023, so I don't quite know what is going on. What I think I can get from Tirerack is they might not have the foam in them..... *sugar*.

View attachment 971278

I actually run pilot super sports on the front and PS4S on the rear on purpose. The car drives a lot better this way because the PSS profile is less blocky and the car turns in easier & steering is generally lighter. But I do like to stick with the Tesla spec, so the PSS are T1, PS4S are T2.

I actually run pilot super sports on the front and PS4S on the rear on purpose. The car drives a lot better this way because the PSS profile is less blocky and the car turns in easier & steering is generally lighter. But I do like to stick with the Tesla spec, so the PSS are T1, PS4S are T2.
Good to know. I am working on a lemon law buyback and I didn't want hassle from having mismatched tires on the car.

Reactions: Sam1
Had my original T1 rev driver's rear fail at ~15k miles on my '21 Plaid couple days ago. Just submitted request to Michelin. Got 4 new PS4S installed by Tesla outside Albany NY yesterday...don't love their alignment but didn't realize there was the N2 rec'd specs until right now.

Attachments

• IMG_7799.jpeg
    IMG_7799.jpeg
    694.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7896.jpeg
    IMG_7896.jpeg
    539.2 KB · Views: 57
Guilty as charged! 👊🏻🏎️
Fine fine! Make fun of me. I’ve only taken it to ATL motorsports park twice and had to reduce psi to 32 cold so the tires wouldn’t overinflate all day long.

But… the point I’m trying to make is that with proper camber / toe setups (read as aftermarket suspension links) and despite going hard at it, even 240 treadwear pirellis will last like mine do :)

Summary - get suspension links (all of them) and you’ll achieve breakeven within your first tire replacement

Reactions: Sam1