Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Drag Racing - Not such a great night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By some I think you mean literally all of them lol.

The plaid is already such a capable car, shame they feel the need to exaggerate by quoting a 0-60 that’s not achievable in the real world and uses 1 foot roll out, and a trap time no one has achieved.
People have hit the 1.99 with rollout. I think i got a 2.04 with rollout. But I’ve never seen any full weight plaid hit 155 trap. Iirc that run tesla did with Leno was 152 trap

Reactions: Sam1
Rimac N and now the Sapphire are tail light scenarios. I’m curious how the MSP stacks up against the soon to be released Taycan GT.

I'm guessing the Taycan’s still bending the knee to the MSP for 99.9999% scenario that is the ad hoc drag race.

Rimac N and now the Sapphire are tail light scenarios. I’m curious how the MSP stacks up against the soon to be released Taycan GT.

I'm guessing the Taycan’s still bending the knee to the MSP for 99.9999% scenario that is the ad hoc drag race.
From the 7:07 lap record at the ring, just 2 seconds off the 1900 hp Rimac (7:25 track package or 7:35 for the regular Plaid) and considering the regular Taycan Turbo S with the performance package did it in 7:33
and the fact the Taycan is heavier on 2 motors already , 5112 pounds (GT rumored to have 3)
This GT should be packing much more than 1000 and should run 8’s to the quarter.

From the 7:07 lap record at the ring, just 2 seconds off the 1900 hp Rimac (7:25 track package or 7:35 for the regular Plaid) and considering the regular Taycan Turbo S with the performance package did it in 7:33
and the fact the Taycan is heavier on 2 motors already , 5112 pounds (GT rumored to have 3)
This GT should be packing much more than 1000 and should run 8’s to the quarter.
I’d be surprised if it’s faster than the MSP in the straights. I’m guessing the lap time has a lot to do with aero, tires, suspension (likely not air) and software tweaks.

If it does run 8s like the Sapphire, then the TGT is the new ev sedan king for me.

We shall see!

Reactions: Sam1 and NeuroRad
I’d be surprised if it’s faster than the MSP in the straights. I’m guessing the lap time has a lot to do with aero, tires, suspension (likely not air) and software tweaks.

If it does run 8s like the Sapphire, then the TGT is the new ev sedan king for me.

We shall see!
I’m looking forward to seeing the cost though. I’m sure it’s going to be painfully high given the fact the sapphire is 250k. Has anyone actually SEEN. A sapphire in the wild? I didn’t even know they were released until someone on the lucid subreddit said they were released in October

I’m looking forward to seeing the cost though. I’m sure it’s going to be painfully high given the fact the sapphire is 250k. Has anyone actually SEEN. A sapphire in the wild? I didn’t even know they were released until someone on the lucid subreddit said they were released in October
i have seen a lucid, a couple times. one was actually standing dead on side of the road. i dont know which variants they were.

We shall see!
I’m guessing 750-850 hp with an overboost function in typical porsche fashion.

It will be 300k and unobtainable unless you’ve purchased multiple GT cars

Reactions: cptnslo
Taycans, just like every EV out there, present and future, are money 🔥purchases. The smart/lifetime new Porsche buy, for those who like to keep their money in pockets, come from the ice GT dept and the GT dept only.

Prior to purchasing my MSP, I was dumb close to dumping $200K on a TGTS wagon. And then I came to my senses.

Sapphire, Taycan GT cater to the multimillionaires with money to 🔥 who want the latest/greatest. Such a short shelf life.

But respect to whatever the ev rocket flavor of the day is. So long as the TGT dude knows what MSP time it is at the🚦, I’m cool with my heavily depreciated 7 month old Tesla with the big arse brakes. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: cptnslo

We shall see!
Agree with this. Porsche has never been infatuated with power numbers or straight line speed. They could easily make all of their cars 800+hp with current technology, but they focus on handling performance instead. That massive time cut on the ring was more than likely done with handling, because the turns are where you cut time, not on the one big straight.

The plaid videos on the ring are a perfect example of this. If you watch the non-track pack plaid run, it tops out at 269kmh and the track pack tops out at 289kmh. Look at the last turn onto the long straight, the track pack car is already turning 260kmh before it goes under the digital sign. That's 30kmh faster than the non-track pack car because the upgraded tires and brakes allow him to come out of that corner really hot. No power changes on that car, just parts and settings that affect handling. That is good for 5 seconds by itself. Now imagine if that time was done by a two motor car, what would happen with three or four motors and the ability to torque vector + whatever other upgrades have been done.

Porsche has never been infatuated with power numbers or straight line speed. They could easily make all of their cars 800+hp with current technology, but they focus on handling performance instead.

thats not exactly accurate, their Turbo and Turbo S offerings have been focused on straight line speed as much as handling. thats why they don't offer Turbo and Turbo S 911s with a manual. the new 992TTS does 9.9 stock which is fast for a flat six, fast for any ICE stock. they can not easily make 800 out of a 6cyl 911s running pump gas AND retain reliability and driveability expected from a new car. i think the best move for them is to replace their front diff with electric motor(s) and that will get it to 800 combined.

thats not exactly accurate, their Turbo and Turbo S offerings have been focused on straight line speed as much as handling. thats why they don't offer Turbo and Turbo S 911s with a manual. the new 992TTS does 9.9 stock which is fast for a flat six, fast for any ICE stock. they can not easily make 800 out of a 6cyl 911s running pump gas AND retain reliability and driveability expected from a new car. i think the best move for them is to replace their front diff with electric motor(s) and that will get it to 800 combined.
Hardly anyone offers a manual at this point, it has nothing to do with straight line racing. And my 800hp was just an exaggeration, I try to make generalized statements but sometimes forget that people on this board want everything to be precise down to the nanometer because they don't operate in a world of generalities.

Hardly anyone offers a manual at this point, it has nothing to do with straight line racing. And my 800hp was just an exaggeration, I try to make generalized statements but sometimes forget that people on this board want everything to be precise down to the nanometer because they don't operate in a world of generalities.
Porsche offers a manual in just about every other 911 trim, just not Turbo, TurboS or RS. they want those performing at peak every time. they want those low 0-60 magazine times, because those sell cars. for Porsche this straight line chase started in 2010 when they went PDK on Turbo and Turbo S, shortly after the GTR came out... to chase and beat the GTR magazine times.

Reactions: Sam1