Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid S in the wild photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed a deposit on the Plaid Model S. If it looks like that (like all other Model S's) and the exterior design is not seriously refreshed, there's no way I'm buying that car. All the performance metrics aside, it just looks like a plain old Model S.
There's a 96%+ chance I'll buy the plaid model AFTER it comes out. I can't see the logic in giving the richest man in the world a $1K free loan for a year or more?

front_1_cf7abbd9-a748-41bc-afea-cd876fb6ad20_300x300.jpg
upload_2021-1-9_8-10-41.jpeg
plaid.jpg

Special Paint and Interior??

The logic as I saw it was to lock in the cheaper FSD price. But yeah, at this point why reserve.

As I plan to keep it in Plaid mode at all times, FSD is unlikely to be compatible ;)

I wonder if I should cancel my MXP7 assuming Plaid comes out early? If it comes out end of year, I'll get at least a year worth of the MX.

Would be really nice to get an updated timeline.

model S need a new body refresh. Fortunately Chinese EV cannot sell car in US else Nio et7 design put model S into shame

NIO Reveals Stunning ET7 Flagship Sedan

Each to their own. The Model S looks much more elegant and classy to me than the Nio ET7. Not a fan of that rear monobrow (Porsche wannabe), the front light shape, or the pronounced "gills" containing the DRLs.

model S need a new body refresh. Fortunately Chinese EV cannot sell car in US else Nio et7 design put model S into shame

NIO Reveals Stunning ET7 Flagship Sedan
Into shame?

Keep to the thread you already started w/this fugly thing. This thread is about the Plaid Model S that may or may not have been spotted. Not some Chinese knock-off junk that will fall apart & poison dogs like everything else made in China.

Model S is a great looking car. Seems like the only reason people are wanting it to be changed is because of how the other manufacturers change their styling every few years.
Really no reason to change the good looking bodywork on a great car.

ehh, i don't care what other mfgs are doing. i think the car was great when it came out, but it looks dated now

Reactions: reddy and 5JMJ
ehh, i don't care what other mfgs are doing. i think the car was great when it came out, but it looks dated now
The Model S still looks like a UFO in most of the country. Take one outside CA for even a minute and you can’t stop anywhere without someone commenting.

It’s an objectively beautiful car. A common one in the Bay Area to be sure - but I don’t think “dated” is the right word. I can’t think of a single 4 door sedan available for purchase now that looks better.

I agree with most of your statement, but this is false.
The eye of the beholder, and all that ...
There are objective design principles - angles, proportions, surfaces, shapes, etc that essentially create the the hardwired human perception of beauty. They’re taught in design school. The Model S is a study in many of them.

Surely there is a concept of subjective beauty as well, and what most people generally think of in this context, but I stand by my statement.

The Model S still looks like a UFO in most of the country. Take one outside CA for even a minute and you can’t stop anywhere without someone commenting.

It’s an objectively beautiful car. A common one in the Bay Area to be sure - but I don’t think “dated” is the right word. I can’t think of a single 4 door sedan available for purchase now that looks better.

i think you mean subjectively beautiful car.

lots of good looking cars, current, and past that look great. rs4 avant would be my 2020 choice.

There are objective design principles - angles, proportions, surfaces, shapes, etc that essentially create the the hardwired human perception of beauty. They’re taught in design school. The Model S is a study in many of them.

Surely there is a concept of subjective beauty as well, and what most people generally think of in this context, but I stand by my statement.

correct, there are many design principles. and the S was not the first car to adopt them.