Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Safety

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm far from a fanboy. I almost cancelled my order because of some quality control issues. How is a raised bump/line not acceptable? Do you not have any feeling in your left thumb? How hard is it to feel a raised bump with your thumb? F1 drivers have like 20 buttons on their steering wheel and they drive at 150mph and you can't remember where the turn signal buttons are, when they are right next to your thumb? You can't be that incapable.
What happens when you brush your thumb over the raised bump? Both signals activate.
How is that safe?

And maybe you live in a wonderful paradise land with perfectly paved roads, but explain to me, again, how any of this is supposed to work at high speeds on uneven pavement while you’re engaged in a turn.

You can’t because it wasn’t designed to work that way.

I'm far from a fanboy. I almost cancelled my order because of some quality control issues. So, you don't own the car yet and are basing your experience off a short drive. Sounds reasonable.

How is a raised bump/line not acceptable? Do you not have any feeling in your left thumb? How hard is it to feel a raised bump with your thumb? F1 drivers have like 20 buttons on their steering wheel and they drive at 150mph and you can't remember where the turn signal buttons are, when they are right next to your thumb? You can't be that incapable.
To be fair, the Tesla yoke has nothing to do with the F1 yokes. F1 yokes turn only 1/2 turns (so the position of the buttons relative to hands never change) and have physical buttons and wheels.

What happens when you brush your thumb over the raised bump? Both signals activate.
How is that safe?

And maybe you live in a wonderful paradise land with perfectly paved roads, but explain to me, again, how any of this is supposed to work at high speeds on uneven pavement while you’re engaged in a turn.

You can’t because it wasn’t designed to work that way.

They actually don't. The new software release got rid of light tough. Now it is only a hard press. Maybe if you had the car you would know this.

To be fair, the Tesla yoke has nothing to do with the F1 yokes. F1 yokes turn only 1/2 turns (so the position of the buttons relative to hands never change) and have physical buttons and wheels.

Yes but people are complaining about buttons not the turning ratio. Also f1 drivers look down from time to time at their buttons. There are like 5 buttons on the yoke. How hard is it to remember where they are? I find it remarkable how dumb people are that they can't remember simple things yet can afford a 100k car.

And when was that fixed? This week?

So that is a tacit admission by Tesla that it was a crap design and they are trying to correct for it. Why are you trying to defend this?

Yes it was improved this week. I didn't have problems with it before and it is even better now. If you aren't smart enough to remember where two buttons are, I suggest getting another car. Not sure how you are going to adjust the AC or music while driving if you can't even get a handle on the turn signals.

Yes but people are complaining about buttons not the turning ratio. Also f1 drivers look down from time to time at their buttons. There are like 5 buttons on the yoke. How hard is it to remember where they are? I find it remarkable how dumb people are that they can't remember simple things yet can afford a 100k car.
Your arguments make zero sense. When was the last time an F1 driver made a U-turn? Or when was the last time an F1 car was on a 4 lane road with other vehicles who are not racing directly toward the same end point? Ridiculous argument.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi
Yes it was improved this week. I didn't have problems with it before and it is even better now. If you aren't smart enough to remember where two buttons are, I suggest getting another car. Not sure how you are going to adjust the AC or music while driving if you can't even get a handle on the turn signals.
Thanks for the suggestion.

AC and Music are not critical driving functions. Try again.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
Your arguments make zero sense. When was the last time an F1 driver made a U-turn? Or when was the last time an F1 car was on a 4 lane road with other vehicles who are not racing directly toward the same end point? Ridiculous argument.

My point was about the buttons because that is what everyone is complaining about. As far as 3 pt turns and U turns, you can do them one handed easily. Wait til you actually own the car and drive it more than a handful of times before you complain so much.

My point was about the buttons because that is what everyone is complaining about. As far as 3 pt turns and U turns, you can do them one handed easily. Wait til you actually own the car and drive it more than a handful of times before you complain so much.
How about I point out Tesla’s foolish design choices whenever I feel like it?

I’ve driven the car. It was a poor implementation evidenced by the fact they are now attempting to correct it (as you pointed out). You can try and defend it all you want but your arguments make about as much sense as Elon’s (it looks cool).

Not a great reason for literally re-inventing the wheel.

How about I point out Tesla’s foolish design choices whenever I feel like it?

I’ve driven the car. It was a poor implementation evidenced by the fact they are now attempting to correct it (as you pointed out). You can try and defend it all you want but your arguments make about as much sense as Elon’s (it looks cool).

Not a great reason for literally re-inventing the wheel.
Just curious, how many hours of experience do you have with it?

Reactions: bhzmark and WhiteWi
1500 miles worth. Enough to make a judgement call for myself.

And again, I’m fairly young and tech savvy. There is no way this is a vehicle that will drive mass-market EV adoption. So it’s off-mission and I don’t see why it would exist in its current incarnation.
clearly this car isnt for you please cancel you order so someone else moves up in line. I wouldnt call a 100K+ car mass market anyways.