Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My LR was a 2022 build and so is my Plaid. I wonder if the vibration at 80 mph was a bonus from Tesla for the 2023's. We removed USS but we are going to give you vibrating seats at 80 mph to compensate.

For those with the vibes at 80, does it get worse when you speed up or does 80 mph seem to be some sort of resonant frequency? Is there some order of octaves going on with respect to the vibration?

I have to say if I had bad vibes at 80 and they got worse going up, that is one of the few things that would cause me to punt this car ASAP. I live with a lot of other issues but significant vibes that get worse are a real deal breaker for me.

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja
My LR was a 2022 build and so is my Plaid. I wonder if the vibration at 80 mph was a bonus from Tesla for the 2023's. We removed USS but we are going to give you vibrating seats at 80 mph to compensate.

For those with the vibes at 80, does it get worse when you speed up or does 80 mph seem to be some sort of resonant frequency? Is there some order of octaves going on with respect to the vibration?

I have to say if I had bad vibes at 80 and they got worse going up, that is one of the few things that would cause me to punt this car ASAP. I live with a lot of other issues but significant vibes that get worse are a real deal breaker for me.
I feel ripped off.... You 2023 owners get two vibrations; whereas me and my 2021 Plaid only get blessed with the 38+ version. Well, I guess if I count FSDj ("j" for junk), I did receive two "gifts" from Telsa...

@WilliamG

No low speed 38-42 mph vibes for me at 7k miles

But I think I detect something the few times I go over 80.

Still always in chill mode and suspension set to low when I can.

Solution seems to be trade in for an EQS in a few years now that they have accepted the NACS standard today.

Kim Java seems to be tempted to move beyond Tesla based on her review of the EQS 450

Model s seems to be an afterthought for tesla. I feel bad for anyone thinking its some kind of luxury vehicle. I bought purely for the performance and i can put up with the vibration somewhat because i know the limitations that come along with a 1k hp gas vehicle.
Yep, it’s “the bastard of the fleet,” and also has a bastard sibling, the MX. Low volume cars get low volume attention at Tesla.

@WilliamG

It’s annoying AF but because of traffic I always seem to go 80ish mph, and that’s when it’s bad. So, you start to feel vibration, for me mainly in pedal, at 80 mph. It seems to get better after about 95 mph. Worst at 80-85 mph. It’s so weird. Apparently service department is baffled too

Reactions: jebinc
I feel ripped off.... You 2023 owners get two vibrations; whereas me and my 2021 Plaid only get blessed with the 38+ version. Well, I guess if I count FSDj ("j" for junk), I did receive two "gifts" from Telsa...

@WilliamG

My 2023 only has 80 mph vibration. It does not have any vibration until then. My 2021 only had 40-50 mph vibration. That’s more liveable than the 80 mph one.

It’s annoying AF but because of traffic I always seem to go 80ish mph, and that’s when it’s bad. So, you start to feel vibration, for me mainly in pedal, at 80 mph. It seems to get better after about 95 mph. Worst at 80-85 mph. It’s so weird. Apparently service department is baffled too

I am no service tech but the solution is to just not drive between 80 and 95...

What a joke. You will have the vibration back in less than a month - 100%.
Oh it’s already back. It’s pretty subtle now but still there. Lasted about 10 miles 😂

Vibration above 70 is still there. Planning to go to a local German indie to get a proper road force balance on the wheels before trying to request a buyback.

Pretty sure I’m close to lemon law at this point…