Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That really sucks, as this is the one thing I was concerned about that isn't a simple remedy. I am scheduled to pick up my Plaid on August 23rd. Now openly wondering if I should accept or reject the car.
If Tesla is willing to deliver the car, I’m willing to accept it. If they were concerned, they would probably hold off on new deliveries. My car is expected to arrive at SC on the 17th so hopefully all goes well.

Wait, so you have to drive at normal height to have less vibration at ~40mph? But if you floor it from a standstill, the axles will get destroyed unless you’re on low...Tesla seriously needs a complete redesign of the front end.

Huh? Where did you hear this? Please don't spread misinformation.
I was looking for the recent thread that referred to vibration under full throttle for the Plaid and realized that was your thread. If the half shafts are already having issues with this whole ~40mph vibration issue, I would be strongly concerned that they haven’t truly fixed the underlying shuddering issue that have plagued the older S/X models, especially with the amount of power being produced by Plaid.

I have the same issue. I took it in for service and was told they could reproduce it and in another car also, presumably a plaid, but couldn’t provide a resolution. It seems to be getting worse and feeling it in the pedal now.

Guys I have had my axels replaced and motor adjusted to no avail. Engineering is aware of the issue and I am in touch with them daily. This is not a safety issue and might very well end up being firmware. I have been told they are designing new shafts and that will likely be the fix. The more people go in to their SC the better. I have chased this down for weeks. They are hyper sensitive to my car as it was a launch vehicle.

On a side note they have a 1000 or so X Plaids built and have to replace all the shafts in those before delivery and SC centers already have bulletins re: X Plaid vibration. They are on it.

Guys I have had my axels replaced and motor adjusted to no avail. Engineering is aware of the issue and I am in touch with them daily. This is not a safety issue and might very well end up being firmware. I have been told they are designing new shafts and that will likely be the fix. The more people go in to their SC the better. I have chased this down for weeks. They are hyper sensitive to my car as it was a launch vehicle.

On a side note they have a 1000 or so X Plaids built and have to replace all the shafts in those before delivery and SC centers already have bulletins re: X Plaid vibration. They are on it.

Doesn't seem to make much sense, - not all of us have this issue, or at least... not like this. Any videos of the problem?