Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 MXP is doing it as well. I’ve been trying to track the vibration some. It seems when the car goes to sleep it comes back. But not for like 5-20 minutes…seems it needs to be an hour or so. But for whatever reason, the longer is sleeps the worse it is. To an extent anyway…I’m sure if it sat for a month the wheels wouldn’t vibrate off.

Also, the amount of speed does not seem to matter and the vibration is gone within 1/2-3/4 mile. And as others have noticed, when it’s gone, it’s completely gone.

2022 MXP is doing it as well. I’ve been trying to track the vibration some. It seems when the car goes to sleep it comes back. But not for like 5-20 minutes…seems it needs to be an hour or so. But for whatever reason, the longer is sleeps the worse it is. To an extent anyway…I’m sure if it sat for a month the wheels wouldn’t vibrate off.

Also, the amount of speed does not seem to matter and the vibration is gone within 1/2-3/4 mile. And as others have noticed, when it’s gone, it’s completely gone.
At least you only have to endure it for a very short period of time, unlike the rest of us with the forever 43 mph vibration.

Don’t be so sure. It is a Tesla which means it’s within spec. 👀
6A9BA337-7EFB-4961-AA92-088C70D03803.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
At least you only have to endure it for a very short period of time, unlike the rest of us with the forever 43 mph vibration.
Yeah, I think the issues are separate. Something makes me thing the vibration we're feeling is battery/electrical motor related. That is purely speculation on my behalf, but there's something making me lean that direction. It does not come across as a half-shaft or axle or bearing related.

Yeah, I think the issues are separate. Something makes me thing the vibration we're feeling is battery/electrical motor related. That is purely speculation on my behalf, but there's something making me lean that direction. It does not come across as a half-shaft or axle or bearing related.
Does it also go away in track mode with rear torque bias? Mine vibration is extremely strong now, after the second half shaft replacement. But, it goes away completely in track mode with the torque biased to the rear.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc