Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed via SMT that now rear motors engage under slight acceleration and cruise speed, while front motor is inactive. If i remember correctly, prior to .44 when accelerating and driving slowly only front motor was active. It would be great if anyone on .38 can confirm it.

One thing that worries me is that now i feel vibrations in my steering wheel for some reason. Maybe its because of cold weather and HVAC hitting at max, today is -1C here, motors and battery were in single digit temp...

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I have noticed via SMT that now rear motors engage under slight acceleration and cruise speed, while front motor is inactive. If i remember correctly, prior to .44 when accelerating and driving slowly only front motor was active. It would be great if anyone on .38 can confirm it.

One thing that worries me is that now i feel vibrations in my steering wheel for some reason. Maybe its because of cold weather and HVAC hitting at max, today is -1C here, motors and battery were in single digit temp...
That sounds like the fix we suggested years ago. Good to know they finally did it.

What about the 80 mph vibration? Does anyone also have that and can check if this software changed it?

That sounds like the fix we suggested years ago. Good to know they finally did it.

What about the 80 mph vibration? Does anyone also have that and can check if this software changed it?

.44 is available for me to install now. I’ll confirm on the 80 mph vibration today, but don’t think it’s software related as track mode with. 100% rear bias doesn’t change it at all

Reactions: theslimshadyist

Unfortunately my car only had noticable vibrations when driving it for 500-1000 meters. I cant feel it now.

One more thing that is maybe fixed is standby drain. And car now goes to sleep within 15 min of idling, at least 3x faster then before. I think those 2 things are linked somehow.

Sounds like they replaced one vibration type with another, to me.... and reduced your range in the process (without asking you to approve that change)....

Last edited:
Ok I went out and did a drive. Mild acceleration to reproduce the vibration. Looks like the front motor is doing a large portion of the work, starting at about 30mph, more than half at least with 2023.27.7.
Front & Rear Motors data
This seems like a pretty subtle difference. So, I guess they just barely shifted the power towards the rear in 2023.44. It should have a pretty minimal impact on range. I think I'll take it as a fix.

This seems like a pretty subtle difference. So, I guess they just barely shifted the power towards the rear in 2023.44. It should have a pretty minimal impact on range. I think I'll take it as a fix.
Agreed, looks like a pretty subtle difference at first glance. Makes me wonder if Tesla could shift it more if needed, though that again would come with a small range hit. Wish I could test this myself, but, as mentioned, being on FSD means it'll likely be a while barring a holiday update to get everyone on the same page...

Agreed, looks like a pretty subtle difference at first glance. Makes me wonder if Tesla could shift it more if needed, though that again would come with a small range hit. Wish I could test this myself, but, as mentioned, being on FSD means it'll likely be a while barring a holiday update to get everyone on the same page...
The holiday update will be on the .38 branch, rumor has it - So, BOHICA for FSDj Flagship members.