Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the 64k question is, what has been "broken" by this update?

Time will tell...
There was a report by another member that this vibration was nearly eliminated, the startup vibration reduced by 50%, but a new vibration was added for good measure (with this update). Why is it that there are not more reports on this firmware update? Many have it, per Teslafi.........

Just got the notification…

Attachments

• IMG_1427.jpeg
    IMG_1427.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG
Alright, I’ve been driving around. It’s still there, but less noticeable. Happens around 35ish MPH

I’m going to book an appointment for next week and ask for a buyback
I don’t blame you. Ugh. 😔 I’m going to guess I’ll still notice it, too. The more sensitive among us will. As long as it’s significantly reduced, I’ll deal with it. I’m guessing Tesla can’t pull too much more power out of the front motor without fear of oversteer, especially in slipperier climates.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
I guess this points to a motor issue. No way Tesla is going to be replacing drive units
Should we start tearing up? This is my thread from the MX side - have been battling these vibrations with my MXP for months now and have been through alignments, multiple road force balancing sessions, and sets of tires from different brands until was told a software update is coming up to address this.

I have already had one 2023 MX bought back this year for different reasons with its electronics, even though it was exhibiting the same vibrations. At this point I haven't driven a 2023 MX without them and really puzzled by comments of "mine is perfect" kind.

I guess this points to a motor issue. No way Tesla is going to be replacing drive units
These software patches are ok as a stop gap measure, but this has gone on for too long. At this point Tesla needs to bite the bullet and fix the root cause. I have no doubt that Tesla engineering team knows by now what needs to be replaced to actually fix it, but the execs are probably being tight wads and keep telling them to Jerry rig it with the cheaper software “fix.”

Reactions: teko
These software patches are ok as a stop gap measure, but this has gone on for too long. At this point Tesla needs to bite the bullet and fix the root cause. I have no doubt that Tesla engineering team knows by now what needs to be replaced to actually fix it, but the execs are probably being tight wads and keep telling them to Jerry rig it with the cheaper software “fix.”
SOFTWARE is to reduce torque at certain mph so reduce vibrate, root cause its the axle can't handle the torque.
i confirmed this with swapping rear axle left to right to fix the issue.