Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am 100% still getting the vibration. Almost 0 change for me. I've been on vacation and reading for a few days everyone having success with the new firmware and I was looking forward to getting home and just trying it again. I was on 44.30.6. Keep in mind my plaid is Hw4, one of the first (born in Mar 23). Starting at 30 the vibration goes mostly until I hit 50. It does seem to get better the more I drive but not gone.

I got a new firmware update when I got home. 44.30.7. I will test the new firmware tomorrow morning when I go run some errands. Pretty deflating. I guess I may need to check in with service to see if they have a clue. It would be nice to get this fixed. It's slowly gotten worse as I have had it more. It's not the worse thing, I love the car, but it does the vibration does get a bit annoying at times.
That's a real shame, and I'm sorry to hear it. It does make me question why some cars have significant changes and others don't. Then again, my car had really, really obvious vibration before this update, and I've definitely driven Plaids with way less obvious vibration before this update. Sigh...

I am 100% still getting the vibration. Almost 0 change for me. I've been on vacation and reading for a few days everyone having success with the new firmware and I was looking forward to getting home and just trying it again. I was on 44.30.6. Keep in mind my plaid is Hw4, one of the first (born in Mar 23). Starting at 30 the vibration goes mostly until I hit 50. It does seem to get better the more I drive but not gone.

I got a new firmware update when I got home. 44.30.7. I will test the new firmware tomorrow morning when I go run some errands. Pretty deflating. I guess I may need to check in with service to see if they have a clue. It would be nice to get this fixed. It's slowly gotten worse as I have had it more. It's not the worse thing, I love the car, but it does the vibration does get a bit annoying at times.
For those like us, who still stuffer, please report back on what service has to say. Thanks.

Reactions: WilliamG
Just went out for another drive this afternoon. Still thrilled with the (lack of) vibration. It really does feel like I’m driving another car, and I’m still in disbelief it can feel this good.

That said, it really bugs me that there are some out there with worse vibration. It makes me wonder about the manufacturing tolerances on these motors.

There must have been some difference given the start up vibration was absent on the 21s. Also the 21s seemed to be slightly more powerful as well.
Hadn’t heard anything about 21s being more powerful. News to me, anyway…

Startup vibration, though. That’s a curious one. Not sure why 22-23s have it, and 21s not. Only Tesla knows, and they ain’t tellin’ why.

Hadn’t heard anything about 21s being more powerful. News to me, anyway…

Startup vibration, though. That’s a curious one. Not sure why 22-23s have it, and 21s not. Only Tesla knows, and they ain’t tellin’ why.
I don’t see plaids trapping 152 anymore like the early ones did. Imo tesla made some changes between 21-22 which slightly neutered the car and created a new vibration.

Reactions: jebinc
Just went out for another drive this afternoon. Still thrilled with the (lack of) vibration. It really does feel like I’m driving another car, and I’m still in disbelief it can feel this good.

That said, it really bugs me that there are some out there with worse vibration. It makes me wonder about the manufacturing tolerances on these motors.
I think at this point those with issues need to define a Bit more of their history with vibrations and the methods they implemented to mediate them prior to the fix. (shims, suspension, alternate rims, balance, special alignment, etc etc). Fully understand Why those things were done and unfortunate that some had to take special measures but I wonder if Some of those “fixes” could now be a counter issue or or over correction now if they were not done well? Just a suspicion but I have always tackled anomaly issues with “what is the last thing you did?”

1.) I really like that the volume bar got shrunk and no longer occludes navigation completely like it used to. That said, it got made reaaaaaaally small. I feel like there's surely something in between?

2.) The bit you've been waiting for: The Vibration. El Vibrato.
Agree with point 1. They went from bordeline obnixoius size to Arial 8 size. Something in-between would have been better. I'm sure everyone is going to have a different opinion on that. I have so many media center complaints (I have a dedicated thread here somewhere), the left scroll font size is low on my list.

Although I didn't post with the detail you did, when I tested on 12/26 (above) my findings match yours. Had I not noticed the issue from the beginning, and starting with what .5.1 gives, I wouldn't have even mentioned it. Only because I'm jaded that I would say there's any issue remaining. My worry is what Dragy results will show. I have a nagging fear in the back of my head that there was a compromise made somewhere.