Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please remove the Disagree Button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall, I've found that the post ratings system is actually half decent. If your post is useful, even if trolls hit disagree, it's still going to have a positive ratio. If you consistently contribute useful posts to the forum, your post stats will reflect this in your forum profile.

The problem I personally have is that people can hide these stats from other members, making it harder to filter the trolls from people actually contributing. When a troll hides their profile (and thus ratings stats) all people have to go on is their post count, which is a terrible metric for how useful their contributions have been overall.

Made a thread about this here: Transparency on Member Stats

As the forum is being upgraded I think the disagree button only leads to a lot of rumour and the time is right to remove it. Somebody who disagrees with a post can quote it and explain the reason of disagreeing. It would be a big step forward, trust me.
The disagree button has always been problematic.
After awhile, it just becomes a quirk of the board.
Seat of the pants observation is that very few disagrees are of a technical nature:
"The Tesla MX lug torque is 60 lbft" should generate a Disagree and a quoted correction.

They are normally fashion related, that is, herd acceptance.
"Does this dress make me look fat?"
"Willy Wonka would make a terrible Secretary of State."
"My Tesla broke down."
etc.

You will note that nobody who disagreed with you dared post a counterpoint.

Reactions: Exiteer
The disagree button has always been problematic.
After awhile, it just becomes a quirk of the board.
Seat of the pants observation is that very few disagrees are of a technical nature:
"The Tesla MX lug torque is 60 lbft" should generate a Disagree and a quoted correction.

They are normally fashion related, that is, herd acceptance.
"Does this dress make me look fat?"
"Willy Wonka would make a terrible Secretary of State."
"My Tesla broke down."
etc.

You will note that nobody who disagreed with you dared post a counterpoint.
Yes. I would almost call them losers and exactly this is the reason why a disagree button has no value added whatsoever. Do we need more proof?