Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug-in car Grant now £3000 (was £3500) for cars under £50k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope Tesla adjust UK prices accordingly. Need to be £49,999 for the LR (its already arguably overpriced). Cut spec like connectivity or something to be post-paid upgrade to get the cost down.

SR+ £500 price increase and £500 PIG decrease is a net increase in cost of £1000. Slight upside if you factor in luxury vehicle tax but really dilutes that. Almost flat vs ordering a couple of months ago

How is a LR overpriced? Compared to what on the market currently. You’ve seen Fiat are asking £30k for the new electric 500.

See the quoted explanation at the end of my previous (non-editable !!) post
Oh yeah. Being a bit thick today. Thing is that definition was put in place to make what you pay clear and maybe to stop sellers finding ways to effectively trouser the grant the way the olev one is.,but if they use that to assess eligibility it will be abused the other way round with massive delivery fees. Not sure they have thought this through. Could be a loop hole tesla could use though.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Being a bit thick today. Thing is that definition was put in place to make what you pay clear and maybe to stop sellers finding ways to effectively trouser the grant the way the olev one is.,but if they use that to assess eligibility it will be abused the other way round with massive delivery fees. Not sure they have thought this through. Could be a loop hole tesla could use though.

I don't think a £5000 odd delivery is believeable ! (for Performance)
However Elon is free to make anything an option so as to reduce the base price. eg AutoPilot

Hi I have an M3P due to be delivered on 25/3, I have final invoice and reg number. Car was inventory vehicle. Up to now I was seriously considering cancelling due to market crash, interest rate reduction etc. If the price is locked in inc grant then I’m not sure what to do. Could maybe have a car which might make money now???

I had previously asked Zenith (company car salary sacrifice) about what would happen around if it wasn’t extended at all re potential delivery not being until June (but actually picking up this month) and they told me it was when you ordered that locked it in.

Hi I have an M3P due to be delivered on 25/3, I have final invoice and reg number. Car was inventory vehicle. Up to now I was seriously considering cancelling due to market crash, interest rate reduction etc. If the price is locked in inc grant then I’m not sure what to do. Could maybe have a car which might make money now???
What has market crash or interest rate reduction got to do with anything if you’re paying cash? o_O

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1
I will be on the phone to Tesla first thing to check if my M3P has been registered on the OLEV Portal. I finally managed to get the bloody thing over the line and ordered yesterday, completed all relevant info today including approval from Black Horse but I just have a feeling that it won't go my way.

*bows down and prays