Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PlugShare now optimized for the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
downloaded pluginshare, and signed up for an account. I drive a model-S so what's of interest to me are those non-superchargers that i can use to complete a trip. like others posted before, the charge rate has to be posted to for the app to be useful. For example I see a lot of private home charging stations at "120V".. if it means just a regular outlet offering 3 miles per hour of charge it's basically useless. Cost of charge would be helpful too

Thanks

One slightly annoying aspect is that the Plugshare website keeps asking me to log in almost on a daily basis. I don't know if it's the Tesla browser or the website. Either way, it's really annoying to always get thrown to the sign up screen.

+1. Can't stand that prompt as well. Either enable a way to save a login or don't require it to see stations. It's embarrassing.

PlugShare should be able to save your log in, it stores in cookies, so if it is prompting you to log in again every time, the car itself might have lost the saved cookie for your log in.

Everyone that is having log in issues could you please send an email to [email protected] with your username and account info? Also provide any details like was your log in saved and then the next time you turned the car back off and on you had to log in again? Any specifics you can provide will be very helpful.

Thanks!!

Jordin

It saves my login. Not sure what I'm doing different from those of you who have to log in every time.
I just tested it. Fire up browser, go to PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car!, log in, restart browser, go to PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car! again and have to log in again.

Looking at the request logs, it appears that the client side code simply sends your email address and encoded password with each request as a cookie once you've successfully logged in.

I just tested it. Fire up browser, go to PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car!, log in, restart browser, go to PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car! again and have to log in again.

Looking at the request logs, it appears that the client side code simply sends your email address and encoded password with each request as a cookie once you've successfully logged in.
This issue should be fixed now. Please send an email to [email protected] if you are still have issues with your log in being saved. Thanks!

Yep, works great, and even saves your last used filter settings, too. :)

Awesome, glad we were able to get a fix out! Now we are trying to gauge user demand. PLEASE send us an email (if you don't feel comfortable posting your email address here) to [email protected] if you would like to see our optimized browser integrated into your car's navigation system. We want to keep track of users email address to send any future updates and have proof for Telsa that this nav integration is in high demand.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

I have noticed there are some chargers that show up in the tesla.plugshare site but not the regular plugshare site. For example, in Poughkeepsie, NY, there are chargers at a Frito Lay and also a Residence Inn/Mariott that show on the Tesla site but not the regular one. This makes it hard to search an area of interest if you are required to cross check multiple sources to find chargers.

I have noticed there are some chargers that show up in the tesla.plugshare site but not the regular plugshare site. For example, in Poughkeepsie, NY, there are chargers at a Frito Lay and also a Residence Inn/Mariott that show on the Tesla site but not the regular one. This makes it hard to search an area of interest if you are required to cross check multiple sources to find chargers.

Both of these station are access restricted, meaning that no public charging is permitted . Frito-Lay | New Paltz, NY | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare Residence Inn | Poughkeepsie, NY | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

On the regular PlugShare site in order to see Restricted Access stations, you need to have the 'Show Restricted Locations" filter box checked under settings.

Ok that clears it up, thanks. I am told by the folks at EV connect who manage the Marriott charger that it is actually public, requiring an EV connect account to activate the charger and not restricted to hotel guts. I plan to use the charger in the next 2 wks and will update plugshare if accurate.

How in the world do you view the comments on each site? When I click on anything in the popup, it just disappears. Other than just getting a location, and phone number of sites, Plugshare is not very easy to use.

A big shout out to Hector(aka Crasher4life) for listing his Nema 14-50 on Plugshare. Without it, my vacation with my family at Ocean City would not have been possible. It is generous people like him that will make the EV movement work until society sees the light and starts building the necessary infrastructure.
Thanks again!!!!