Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar 2 updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree but I'll tell you what's nicer, cooled seats. To be honest wasn't originally aware of the difference but had lots of ventilated seat cars which is just fans. Cooled seats actually have a cooling element that the fan blows over. In some cars with it, it can be too cold on a high setting in this country but it's next step up.
I’d be quite happy with auto-wipers that work… <sigh>
🙁

I agree but I'll tell you what's nicer, cooled seats. To be honest wasn't originally aware of the difference but had lots of ventilated seat cars which is just fans. Cooled seats actually have a cooling element that the fan blows over. In some cars with it, it can be too cold on a high setting in this country but it's next step up.
Ok, they're ventilated and cooled seats with 3 speed settings

What are you on about? There is absolutely nothing wrong with MIC cars, why are some people so stuck in the groove when it comes to build quality?
I've had Fremont and Shanghai built M3's.

The Fremont car was shoddy in the extreme - patchy paint (which decided to start falling off after a few months), panel alignment all over the place, boot (trunk!) lid which fouled the bodywork (auto open/close gave up the ghost after a few months), DC charging failed, water ingress into frunk and trunk, interior rattles and squeaks galore etc etc.

The MIC car is certainly much better - it's OK, but no more. There are contaminants in the paint, the interior does have squeaks and rattles and the materials used in the cabin remain cheap, in in places, nasty.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel
The Polestar is nice, probably nicer than the Model 3 on balance but then you do pay more for it. So as ever, you get what you pay for.

The starting price is similar but to get standard features on the tesla, you need to add packs. For example, the standard car doesn’t have traffic aware cruise control or a panoramic glass roof. And alas they are in different packs. To add both of those to the single motor short range version, it takes it to £50k, a model 3 is £43k.

Sure you get a few other bits like adaptive headlights for that but £7k is still £7k at the end of the day.

The battery and therefore range bump makes it a more compelling option than it was though.

A couple of you mention the ventilated front seats, don’t forget, that’s a £4K option.

So a long range dual motor with, paint colour, both feature packs and the ventilated seats is £64k.

The much faster model 3 performance in Red/White is £61k. Adding the performance pack to the PS2 makes it £69k.

Like I say, you get what you pay for.

The Polestar is nice, probably nicer than the Model 3 on balance but then you do pay more for it. So as ever, you get what you pay for.

The starting price is similar but to get standard features on the tesla, you need to add packs. For example, the standard car doesn’t have traffic aware cruise control or a panoramic glass roof. And alas they are in different packs. To add both of those to the single motor short range version, it takes it to £50k, a model 3 is £43k.

Sure you get a few other bits like adaptive headlights for that but £7k is still £7k at the end of the day.

The battery and therefore range bump makes it a more compelling option than it was though.

A couple of you mention the ventilated front seats, don’t forget, that’s a £4K option.

So a long range dual motor with, paint colour, both feature packs and the ventilated seats is £64k.

The much faster model 3 performance in Red/White is £61k. Adding the performance pack to the PS2 makes it £69k.

Like I say, you get what you pay for.
Is it much faster, though? They all are limited at 70 mph ;)

I pi

I picked a 10km one up at the airport and pushed it to the motogp at assen - did 400km on 90% charge - the dual motor performance version.
Oh, the matrix lights function, and the vented seats were lovely...
My colleague - in the usual workplace banter- describes his PS as a proper car with an EV drivetrain. I won't tell you what he calls my Y, as there are too many sensitive souls on this forum

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel and goRt
£4k for ventilated seats? Wow!

I imagine there are some other gizmos thrown in when you tick that box but i'm far too tight to ever justify an extra £4k on an optional extra. The KIA EV6 is was going to get had ventilated seats included within the GT Line S spec, but honestly, for about 7 or 8 months of the year I want to be warmer in my car, not colder! I'm happier paying less and going without if i'm honest.

£4k for ventilated seats? Wow!

I imagine there are some other gizmos thrown in when you tick that box but i'm far too tight to ever justify an extra £4k on an optional extra. The KIA EV6 is was going to get had ventilated seats included within the GT Line S spec, but honestly, for about 7 or 8 months of the year I want to be warmer in my car, not colder! I'm happier paying less and going without if i'm honest.
Well you do get very nice nappa leather with your ventilated seats for your £4K.

Contrary to what was said above, they don’t market them as ‘cooled seats’ so I expect they are fans in the seat which take the air from the cabin rather than the HVAC system.

Reactions: CWT3LR
Stop all this talk of ventilated seats!! You're making me seriously consider Hansshow's M3 ventilated seat retrofit kit!! Nooooo...

A relative bargain at only ~£1000! And at the end of it your fake vegan 'leather' has become real perforated cow. Downside is the DIY installation makes even me scared, and I'm very hands on and have done similar stuff before (adding heating to my old BMW seats).

• Informative
Reactions: CWT3LR and goRt
Car is too small inside for my liking, feels comfy but its weighty in drive and just not fun. Plus it still has the same old problem, no Tesla network. Plus, its more expensive
My misuses doesn't like the cabin. But it's perfect for me. I sued to drive more sporty cars so am used to a nice compact, cosy cabin.

Charign network is fine and it can use superchargers now remember. That USP has also gone

Reactions: CWT3LR
That's exactly what the Polestar display is. Even looks like it was just glued on to a normal dash.

Of course beauty is subjective, someone somewhere must like the aesthetic of Volvos :) (and model Ys for that matter :) :))
That's not correct though? Are we thinking of the same car? The dash is in an instrument binnacle (probably the XC40 one?) and the centre screen is integrated between air vent and the centre of the cabin?

Reactions: CWT3LR and goRt
They really have haven't they? it looks gorgeous from every other angle but they've mangled the front quite badly. Still, I'll take the Pixel headlights though. I've always had problem with Tesla headlights and found mine to be actually dangerous on a trip to the lakes
It did used to look good IMHO, although my wife doesn't like it from the outside at all. I guess I'm the same with the EV6 where the back makes me gag.

Reactions: Neilio
That's not correct though? Are we thinking of the same car? The dash is in an instrument binnacle (probably the XC40 one?) and the centre screen is integrated between air vent and the centre of the cabin?
It's not especially integrated to my eye, more 'plonked'

1674727594435.png

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado and init6
That's exactly what the Polestar display is. Even looks like it was just glued on to a normal dash.

Of course beauty is subjective, someone somewhere must like the aesthetic of Volvos :) (and model Ys for that matter :) :))
Which is one reason why I would never get a Polestar. My next car is going to have a decent binnacle display and a HUD. I also want real leather instead of this awful, cheap looking vegan crap. Which means I won’t be buying another Tesla either.

Looks aren’t really important to me. My M3 is by far the ugliest car I’ve ever owned, and the MY sinks to new depths of ugliness. Only my opinion of course 😄