Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar 2 updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Neilio

Jul 8, 2020
Brentford
The Polestar 2 has been updated to have a seemingly much better charing curve than before. Certainly a better top charging speed. Given this was the one thing it was way behind Tesla on it's quite an interesting development. I maintained all along that Tesla needed to improve build quality because others would catch up with drivetrain tech and that's precisely what is happening. I wonder where Tesla goes from here? does it try and improve build quality or come up with another way to better the opposition?

Improved charging speed is welcome. but has there been any improvement in efficiency? I really like the Polestar2, but speaking with those I know who own one, they're lucky to get anything over 2.5-3mpkWh on a long run. I think this is still a key issue, especially since the costs of public charging have increased so much. I've averaged exactly 4mpkWh over 28k miles in my 3LR - a 25% additional running cost makes a fair difference.

Reactions: fantasmagorica
The Polestar 2 has been updated to have a seemingly much better charing curve than before. Certainly a better top charging speed. Given this was the one thing it was way behind Tesla on it's quite an interesting development. I maintained all along that Tesla needed to improve build quality because others would catch up with drivetrain tech and that's precisely what is happening. I wonder where Tesla goes from here? does it try and improve build quality or come up with another way to better the opposition?
What are you on about? There is absolutely nothing wrong with MIC cars, why are some people so stuck in the groove when it comes to build quality? PS - Do you go onto the PS forums and make an announcement every time tesla release a new software update?

I pi
Improved charging speed is welcome. but has there been any improvement in efficiency? I really like the Polestar2, but speaking with those I know who own one, they're lucky to get anything over 2.5-3mpkWh on a long run. I think this is still a key issue, especially since the costs of public charging have increased so much. I've averaged exactly 4mpkWh over 28k miles in my 3LR - a 25% additional running cost makes a fair difference.
I picked a 10km one up at the airport and pushed it to the motogp at assen - did 400km on 90% charge - the dual motor performance version.
Oh, the matrix lights function, and the vented seats were lovely...

Car is too small inside for my liking, feels comfy but its weighty in drive and just not fun. Plus it still has the same old problem, no Tesla network. Plus, its more expensive

They do seem to have made the front ugly, wtf is with that square sensor thing

1674665245641.png

Car is too small inside for my liking, feels comfy but its weighty in drive and just not fun. Plus it still has the same old problem, no Tesla network. Plus, its more expensive
I sat in one in my local shopping centre (a display model not just a random car :) ) and found it very cramped on the left side. The big display reminded me of someone trying to charge an iPad on an iPhone Cradle. Just seemed so out of place.

I sat in one in my local shopping centre (a display model not just a random car :) ) and found it very cramped on the left side. The big display reminded me of someone trying to charge an iPad on an iPhone Cradle. Just seemed so out of place.
Well you can hardly call the screen in the M3/Y aesthetically pleasing. It’s just a small screen or a big tablet randomly attached to the dash. It doesn’t attempt to blend into its surroundings and it looks like Tesla have chosen the cheapest possible option. I’ve no doubt they have. It helps to make the whole interior look cheap - which it is.

What are you on about? There is absolutely nothing wrong with MIC cars, why are some people so stuck in the groove when it comes to build quality? PS - Do you go onto the PS forums and make an announcement every time tesla release a new software update?
Come, and I will show you.
2022 MIC model, 21 k miles on the clock...

Already been in service centre and with ranger regarding rattles like 5 times, these are still there, already had AC charger ECU failed, driver mirror failed within a month...

Do not tell me about MIC quality, please :)))

Reactions: Neilio
Oooh. I do like a nice vented seat
I agree but I'll tell you what's nicer, cooled seats. To be honest wasn't originally aware of the difference but had lots of ventilated seat cars which is just fans. Cooled seats actually have a cooling element that the fan blows over. In some cars with it, it can be too cold on a high setting in this country but it's next step up.