Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - are you mad that your new Tesla just missed Autopilot 2.0?

Are you mad that your new Tesla just missed Autopilot 2.0?

• Extremely Pissed!! I want refund or compensation!

Votes: 63 14.7%
  • Mad!! In shock! I will be in daze for days...

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Slightly mad, but understandable since technology always improve

Votes: 90 20.9%
  • Not sure/ neutral

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • It is alright. Thank god I leased my Tesla instead of owning!

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Not mad. Know that it is coming given the rumors about Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Not mad at all. It is good that Tesla keep improving Autopilot hardware

Votes: 129 30.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 25 5.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed autopilot v1.0 by two weeks when I took delivery in Sept. 2014. The parcel shelf became free two hours after I hit confirm. I came to terms with it when I realized I got exactly what I ordered and paid for. Tesla gave me the Parcel Shelf for free upon delivery. I have been smiling for 2 years and 60k+ miles enjoying my autopilot-free Tesla. I will upgrade soon and will continue to enjoy these most awesome machines.

To the folks voting "refund or compensation" -- if you really feel wronged, I'm guessing you haven't done much research on Tesla. This possibility has been known for years (in terms of new things being released all the time, including major things).

Be happy you have functioning (and enabled) AP hardware and enjoy the car you ordered, which is what you're getting (or got).

Reactions: 808?
I took delivery 3 weeks ago and I missed both the rear cup holders and rear USB plugs. I knew autopilot 2.0 was coming but I didn't know when. If I didn't preorder M3 on 3/31/16 I would be pissed. I purchased a base level MS because I'm impatient and didn't want to wait another year for M3. I didn't want to break the bank on the MS so this just means that the M3 will get all the bells & whistles. Lets hope my wife will be generous with her dual, performance, autopilot 2.0 M3.....

Reactions: mdevp and ggnykk
I don't think people should be mad. The improvement of enhanced AP will be just incremental over AP 1. The supposed self driving will be years down the line. Many cars have equivalent hardware today but what's hard is software. Also regulations are not there either. Both of these will take years to achieve. AP 1 was 2500 and enhanced AP is 5000 and from descriptions it appears the tangible improvements will likely be auto merging into another highway. This takes like 1 min to do manually while the auto driving on highway takes the other 99.9% of time. It's pretty incremental. I am not even sure it's worth and extra 2500 to be honest.