Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] CA Current owners ONLY. Have you received your config invite yet?

As a current Tesla owner, Have you received your configuration email yet?

• Yes

Votes: 198 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 34.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think most people inspired to vote on this in the first place will come back... I’m 2 days late but hey I was busy updating the spreadsheet! 2/5. Blue, Aeros. Waiting for vin.
The pool is just if you received your configuration e-mail or better yet, if you can configure now (e-mail present or missing). In your case, you should answer yes. VIN/no VIN, delivery performed or delayed, doesn't mater.

The pool is just if you received your configuration e-mail or better yet, if you can configure now (e-mail present or missing). In your case, you should answer yes. VIN/no VIN, delivery performed or delayed, doesn't mater.

That’s exactly why changed it to yes, albeit 2 days late, and cast my bet others would do the same - maybe not immediately but soon after ordering... because once the order goes in, there’s nothing left to do for 2-4 weeks but revisit all the threads that made us crazy enough to spend $50k on a car without even sitting in one first.

If nobody opposes, I'll keep posting the up to date numbers every 10 days or so, so this thread pops up at the top again and people see it (and update the poll):
  1. Yes
    180 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No
    111 vote(s)
    38.1%

Reactions: tracksyde
If nobody opposes, I'll keep posting the up to date numbers every 10 days or so, so this thread pops up at the top again and people see it (and update the poll):
  1. Yes
    180 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No
    111 vote(s)
    38.1%

I’m not quite sure why. It’s pretty clear that the real answer now is that everybody has received their invites, and you will never get everybody to update their answer, so what’s the point? This poll is no longer useful.

I’m not quite sure why. It’s pretty clear that the real answer now is that everybody has received their invites, and you will never get everybody to update their answer, so what’s the point? This poll is no longer useful.
Evidence? I believe a ton of people never got invited, but they are released to configure on website. Tesla is now doing “why haven’t you ordered?” Phone calls. An owner who doesn’t look at Tesla.com may not know.

Evidence? I believe a ton of people never got invited, but they are released to configure on website. Tesla is now doing “why haven’t you ordered?” Phone calls. An owner who doesn’t look at Tesla.com may not know.

OK, sure. I never ever received an invite email but answered Yes on the poll (since I actually have a car). If other people are interpreting it differently that makes the poll even more useless. Exactly what information are we trying to determine here?

Is there any CA owner that has a reservation they can't order today ?
Doesn't matter if you never got the invite e-mail, only if you go into your reservation and still can't order.
It seems we still have CA owners that can't order yet.

Yes, I'm in this category for my 2nd reservation (July 2017) and I am a current 2-Tesla owner. First reservation (Feb 2017) could configure yesterday.

This poll doesn't have a response for the category I'm in because now I fit into both.

Last edited:
California owner- reservation date November 21, 2017 received invitation to configure last night. The vehicle will be my daughter's and she selected red, sport wheels and no AP. She wants AP but may need to add it later as it was budget restrictive at this time.

Ok, close enough, some people only got their invites a few days ago. So its likely safe to say there are still CA owners that haven't been allowed to configure, if some have only been allowed in the last few days. I mean if you own ONE MS/MX/RR it only applies to your first reservation. Your 2nd one (for a single car owner) will be treated like a non owner reservation, so it doesn't really apply to this poll (I think).
I think the purpose of this poll is to measure if we're done with CA owner reservations being all available for configuration. If you have two or more MS/MX/RR and two reservations then both reservations should be open to vote yes.

Pre-ordered M3 on 3/31/16 and added my pre-owned MS to my Tesla account on 12/1/17. Still haven’t received my invitation to configure but I changed my Delivery Estimator selection to “First Production” instead of “Standard Battery” 2 weeks ago. Hoping to be included in the next wave of invitations.

I feel like the poll needs to start over. I think you'd get much more current results.
I feel we need a Full USA owner poll instead. This one is already nearing 2/3s yes. The real number likely is already 3/4 yes or even more.
With several analysts saying production is over 1000 units/wk and total production nearing 100 units, a California only poll is kind of outdated.

Last edited: