Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Delivery Start for 90D's

What Month Will 90D's Begin Delivery?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be clear, I would have loved to test drive the car before ordering too, but my overwhelming desire to be treated unfairly, have my deposit become non-refundable and my order locked was much stronger.
LOL! :) Me, too. Apparently Tesla's obfuscated reservation/order fulfillment procedure and test-drive-event-penalization system are a perfect match for closet masochists like us.

But to add to your statement, "on the outside chance that this would get me my X a teeny bit sooner than those waiting for a test drive before confirming." I'm still holding out hope that this is true. But if the guy or gal who's #12 on the production reservation list, waiting since February 2012, confirms a 90D order next month after taking a test drive, I'm OK with him getting his X before me, too.

Model X 90D 88,000 Including $7,500.00 Federal Tax Credit All-Wheel Drive Included EXTERIOR Deep Blue Metallic Paint 1,00020" Silver Wheels Included INTERIORBlack Leather Seats 2,500 Matte Obeche Wood Décor Included Light Headliner Included Seven Seat Interior 4,000 CHARGING Supercharger Enabled Included High Amperage Charger Upgrade 1,000 OPTIONS Autopilot Convenience Features 2,500 Premium Upgrades Package 4,500 Smart Air Suspension Included Ultra High Fidelity Sound 2,500 Subzero Weather Package 1,000 Towing Package 750

Also asked if I switched to a P90D what the delivery window would be. Answer: mid to late Q2.

Last edited:
I have been anticipating delivery sometime in Q2. If they aren't able to deliver 90Ds until Q3 I'll be disappointed but will live with it. It may mean using an alternate vehicle for summer travel plans, and I still have my i3 for daily driving. It's certainly not worth the cost of upgrading to P90D.

I have been anticipating delivery sometime in Q2. If they aren't able to deliver 90Ds until Q3 I'll be disappointed but will live with it. It may mean using an alternate vehicle for summer travel plans, and I still have my i3 for daily driving. It's certainly not worth the cost of upgrading to P90D.

I feel the same. We actually drive to SW Michigan (I see you are from MI) every August to visit family. There is a big gap in Supercharger coverage in PA that I hope gets filled soon!

Model X 90D 88,000 Including $7,500.00 Federal Tax Credit All-Wheel Drive Included EXTERIOR Deep Blue Metallic Paint 1,00020" Silver Wheels Included INTERIORBlack Leather Seats 2,500 Matte Obeche Wood Décor Included Light Headliner Included Seven Seat Interior 4,000 CHARGING Supercharger Enabled Included High Amperage Charger Upgrade 1,000 OPTIONS Autopilot Convenience Features 2,500 Premium Upgrades Package 4,500 Smart Air Suspension Included Ultra High Fidelity Sound 2,500 Subzero Weather Package 1,000 Towing Package 750

Also asked if I switched to a P90D what the delivery window would be. Answer: mid to late Q2.

Spoke to sales yesterday and they told me my 90D (fully loaded) should be coming in between July and September.

I don't put much stock in what either the DS or Sales say as they rarely have more info then us on the forums and have often been wrong.

I spoke to my inside sales guy about my X (P90DL - production vin 24x) to see if I could tweak my interior -- nope. He was surprised I hadn't heard from a DS yet, says it's "very, very, very close to done if not done already" so given that it's mid January, 33 days since confirm and I haven't been asked for payment yet, I'd say anyone expecting a 90D before April is dreaming.

I think this is especially true considering those of us who confirmed P90D/P90DLs in December that were without premium packages are still not being assigned VINs yet. Unless of course the move on to premium 90Ds before getting to the non-premium P90DLs. I think I would be pretty irked if that were the case as I dropped the extra $30k for the P90DL over the 90D to get it early.

Unless of course the move on to premium 90Ds before getting to the non-premium P90DLs. I think I would be pretty irked if that were the case as I dropped the extra $30k for the P90DL over the 90D to get it early.

I would be shocked if that were the case - there's little reason from a margin/revenue perspective OR customer relationship perspective in doing so. I don't think that's something to worry about.

I think this is especially true considering those of us who confirmed P90D/P90DLs in December that were without premium packages are still not being assigned VINs yet. Unless of course the move on to premium 90Ds before getting to the non-premium P90DLs. I think I would be pretty irked if that were the case as I dropped the extra $30k for the P90DL over the 90D to get it early.
What if they were going by reservation date? [emoji6]

But, I seriously doubt this is the case.

Yup. Not gonna fret about things outside my control. And actually "mid Q3" (there I go being optimistic again), would mean August, which is only a month later than what I'm already expecting (July).

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, that's my car! :) Well, except the light headliner and matte obeche (I went black and figured ash). Even though I know the dark headliner is going to make things a bit tight feeling (particularly in the third row), seeing where the FWD controls are located, I'd be a little worried the light headliner will get dirty quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel the same. We actually drive to SW Michigan (I see you are from MI) every August to visit family. There is a big gap in Supercharger coverage in PA that I hope gets filled soon!
Hey, yeah, another silver lining. The later we get our cars, the more super chargers there will be. And it doesn't bother me at all that I'll be passing gas stations with 99 cent gas without stopping. Because I'll still be passing gas stations without stopping.

My 90D has all of the options and delivery is Q3. The rep explained that Tesla is sourcing parts for the P90D first hence the earlier production/delivery. Did not indicate any other options made a difference.

I do not really understand why people would be irked if they have to wait in line. I am not addressing anyone in particular, but we now know that Tesla is delivering P90Ds first. For the Every 4 or 5 P90Ds that Tesla delivers, it can show the same profit of an additional Model X without having had to produce it. Of course it is not only about profit, but also about total number of vehicles delivered with as few problems as possible. I orderd a 90D because I feel I do not need the Performance package. If you go to the store, do you expet to be checked out first if you buy more stuff. It does not work that way. First come first served. If you go to the bank, do you get to jump the line if you have a larger deposit that the other people? No, it does not work that way. First come first served. Tesla never said that they will produce all of the P90Ds first before they start with 90Ds. At some point they have to draw a line and start producing both, because people will continue to order the P90Ds while others have waited for nearly 4 years. I decided in February of 2012 that I wanted a Model X, and that I will get the one with the largest available battery pack, but I did not reserve until a few months later, after I decided not to go with a sig, but just a standard production model. I too sometimes feel like I am getting irked, but the fact of the matter is that we hava all waited a long time, and some.

I do not really understand why people would be irked if they have to wait in line. I am not addressing anyone in particular, but we now know that Tesla is delivering P90Ds first. For the Every 4 or 5 P90Ds that Tesla delivers, it can show the same profit of an additional Model X without having had to produce it. Of course it is not only about profit, but also about total number of vehicles delivered with as few problems as possible. I orderd a 90D because I feel I do not need the Performance package. If you go to the store, do you expet to be checked out first if you buy more stuff. It does not work that way. First come first served. If you go to the bank, do you get to jump the line if you have a larger deposit that the other people? No, it does not work that way. First come first served. Tesla never said that they will produce all of the P90Ds first before they start with 90Ds. At some point they have to draw a line and start producing both, because people will continue to order the P90Ds while others have waited for nearly 4 years. I decided in February of 2012 that I wanted a Model X, and that I will get the one with the largest available battery pack, but I did not reserve until a few months later, after I decided not to go with a sig, but just a standard production model. I too sometimes feel like I am getting irked, but the fact of the matter is that we hava all waited a long time, and some.
Tesla does not have to process orders like your bank or the hypothetical store with a single line. They are maximizing profits by producing the most pricey cars first, and perfecting their ramp up by batching production of cars as closely configured as possible. Once they get their ramp up in order without confusing the flow with different model styles, you (and I) will no longer have to wait. Do I mind that someone who first got on the bandwagon less than one month ago and ordered a P90DL gets his vehicle less than 2 months after ordering, while you (2/2012) and me (4/2015) have to wait? Sure it does. But you had no delivery promise on 2/2012, or even when you configured in late 2015. Go ahead and gripe if you like, or cancel. I'm patiently waiting for mid-2016, or later if it turns out that way. I'm not a pacifist, and have a very large obnoxious potential when need be. I just see it as something outside my control and leave it as that. It will be what it will be, so stop complaining. All it makes us look like is a bunch of winey rich folks. Speaking of which, anyone gotta bottle of Papillon 2012 from Orin Swift? Love their wines, but I digress.:p