TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Poll: Do you plan on buying a chademo adapter?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by pcons, Jul 10, 2019.

?

Are you planning on purchasing a chademo adapter?

1. Yes

17.3%
  2. No

39.8%
  3. Maybe

14.3%
  4. Waiting for CCS

28.6%
  1. MexiCanuck

MexiCanuck Member

I had to change my vote from “Waiting for CCS1”.

I ordered a CHAdeMO today. I’m not convinced that CCS1 is imminent.

• Like x 3
  2. scramjet

scramjet Member

Bought one on CL for 300$ a few days ago and has come useful twice already allowing me to charge on the way to my destination rather than having to detour to a supercharger.

• Like x 2
  3. Phillip L

Phillip L Gas Passer

Actually in my post I forgot to mention by far the most common use of my Chademo. At Toronto’s Pearson airport cellphone lot. My wife’s elderly mother lives on the east coast and she flies down to see her often. I need a charge to get back home from dropping her off or picking her up, and I always do it at the cell phone lot which has several Chademo chargers. Very handy.

• Informative x 1
  4. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Sorry, where is cell phone lot in YYZ? I know there is free J1772, at T1 express parking.

5. Phillip L

Phillip L Gas Passer

It is off Network Road behind the Viscount Parking garage. It is handy because you can use the bathroom facilities in the parking garage and even have the person you are picking up use the Skytrain from Pearson to get to the garage. You do need a ChargePoint card to use it. But the charge is free. You can find it on Plugshare as well.

6. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

upload_2019-8-8_8-16-7.png

Alternative: Totals 10 ChargePoint DCFC between two lots; five each. They're likely used for their fleets in the area.
    upload_2019-8-8_8-17-4.png

7. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Thanks, good to know.