Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Do you plan on buying a chademo adapter?

Are you planning on purchasing a chademo adapter?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drive and let the SoC drop to less than 20% and then charge back to 90%. Do this a couple of times a month should balance out the cells and give an accurate state of the battery.
I do that pretty regularly ( I go on a 500 km round trip run about 2x a month where I run from 90 to about 10, then charge to 90, then go home where I get there at about 10% and recharge to 90%) and have done that at least 8 times in the last 30 days with family vacations and stuff. Guessing I'm just out 8.5% battery capacity from new. Which is a bit disappointing. No idea when it becomes abnormal enough for tesla to care but I can comment that they absolutely do not care at -7% which is the last time I talked to them about this 6 months ago...

Reactions: bijan
Looks like the latest update is going wide....145 cars got 2019.24.4 today, including a model 3 in quebec. In the list are a bunch of model 3s. I dont have a teslafi account, so can only see the latest ones as they roll in. Perhaps someone with an account and show how many model 3's have gotten it? But just from the snapshot of the last week or so, it certainly appears this is the wide release coming....

I've typically gotten updates fairly quick, so hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll get it and be able to finally test the chademo adapter I picked up 2 weeks ago :)

upload_2019-7-22_16-39-40.png

• Informative
Reactions: KJD
I already have an adapter, but still waiting for the 2019.24.x release. Parked the car within WIFI last night. Nothing so far.

Maybe today they will get around to SLC.

Anyone else in Utah have the new release yet ?

did anyone notice a change in the behaviour of the latch releasing easier when charging? Mine is soooo much easier now. Used to have to click the button and hold, sometimes it worked, had to do it twice sometimes.

Now it's click and boom, it's free so quickly. Model S though.

did anyone notice a change in the behaviour of the latch releasing easier when charging? Mine is soooo much easier now. Used to have to click the button and hold, sometimes it worked, had to do it twice sometimes.

Now it's click and boom, it's free so quickly. Model S though.

I think they flip flopped. When I got my car it was one click to release anywhere. Then superchargers were press and hold to release, but home charger was click to release (I didn't know this and used manual release cable at superchargers until I figured it out). Then eventually I had to hold even at home or it would re-latch almost instantly. I guess they reverted that change again.

• Funny
Reactions: davewill
I’m holding out for this.

“A Tesla Model S 75D owner in the Netherlands was one of the first owners to get the CCS upgrade for his “type 2” (aka Mennekes) charging port from Tesla. The update includes a new adapter to allow owners to use a CCS2 DC fast charger to top up Teslas that did not come from the factory with the capability.“

New Adapter From Tesla Allows European Model S & X Owners To Use Public CCS2 Stations | CleanTechnica
For us CAD/US owners the CCS type 2 plug won't matter much though, would it? We don't have any CCS2 stations here (maybe I'm wrong?) At least near me the chademo/combo stations only support up to 50 kW anyway and are CCS1, so having an adaptor capable of more but no stations that support it won't make much difference.

Will they come eventually? Sure, but of there is not infrastructure to support it I think the adaptor is far off. Unless is backwards compatible with CCS1, but the pinout looks different so I'm not sure a CCS2 adaptor would work with a CCS1 station.

ac-dc-charging.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
For us CAD/US owners the CCS type 2 plug won't matter much though, would it? We don't have any CCS2 stations here (maybe I'm wrong?) At least near me the chademo/combo stations only support up to 50 kW anyway and are CCS1, so having an adaptor capable of more but no stations that support it won't make much difference.

Will they come eventually? Sure, but of there is not infrastructure to support it I think the adaptor is far off. Unless is backwards compatible with CCS1, but the pinout looks different so I'm not sure a CCS2 adaptor would work with a CCS1 station.

View attachment 433548

We don't have CCS2 in North America, only CCS1. There are quite a few CCS1 stations in the wild though so this will be useful for some.