Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: For AP2 owners, is your autopilot working after 8.1 update?

For AP2 owners, is autopilot working consistently after the 8.1 update?

• Yes

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • No, but it did work on select occasions.

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dec. 20th delivered AP2 Model X has had AP immediately after 17.3.11 download. I do have 12k miles driven since taking delivery on dec 20th so I'm curious to know if calibration issue by others is bc lack of driving. Probably 10,500 of my miles driven have been on interstate.

If any has an X and isn't able to use AP, how many miles do you have on odometer?

My dec. 20th delivered AP2 Model X has had AP immediately after 17.3.11 download. I do have 12k miles driven since taking delivery on dec 20th so I'm curious to know if calibration issue by others is bc lack of driving. Probably 10,500 of my miles driven have been on interstate.

If any has an X and isn't able to use AP, how many miles do you have on odometer?

I have 7000 miles. Dec delivery. Autopilot dead after 8.1.

• Helpful
Reactions: JoeZ

I have a brand new Model X (under 300 miles driven to date) and AP works under 8.1, so for those who are having issues, I don't think it's lack of mileage.

• Helpful
Reactions: JoeZ and bonnie
Can you elaborate on that?
Sure — after I got the update, I made a 120-mile drive 2 days after 8.1 landed with Autosteer running at 75mph. The next day, it refused to work and said I needed to visit a service center for camera calibration. 4 days later, it worked again for a day (but pulled to the left on any curves), and then went back off.

Took it to the service center this morning for alignment, got it back this afternoon and it's behaving as expected.

Sure — after I got the update, I made a 120-mile drive 2 days after 8.1 landed with Autosteer running at 75mph. The next day, it refused to work and said I needed to visit a service center for camera calibration. 4 days later, it worked again for a day (but pulled to the left on any curves), and then went back off.

Took it to the service center this morning for alignment, got it back this afternoon and it's behaving as expected.
Your case is different from us. I never got error message says I need to vist service center (cruise not available is what I got from the error message) or my autopilot actually worked at any speed.

I did..but I don't think they know what's going on. All they did to my car was restart the camera calibration and told me to drive another 1000 miles to calibrate it.

They did the same for me. They reset calibration and told me to drive for 2 weeks. I am scheduled to meet them next week after my 2 weeks is up.

I don't understand why the SC can't actively follow up with the engineering team and escalate the issue? This is getting quite annoying.

They did the same for me. They reset calibration and told me to drive for 2 weeks. I am scheduled to meet them next week after my 2 weeks is up.

I don't understand why the SC can't actively follow up with the engineering team and escalate the issue? This is getting quite annoying.
Yeah, and you knew that two weeks of calibration or extra 1000miles won't solve this issue.. but we can't do anything about it rather than follow their instruction and let them restart it. I bought first my tesla x100d 10 days ago, AP never worked once very disappointed.

AP not working for me above 35 mph!
Was working fine till Tuesday morning, Then suddenly doesn't work above 35 mph. Also maps have a loading issue too. Wouldn't start navigation and keep on loading the route infinitely until cancelled manually.

March 2017 car, 1600 miles on it. Was working fine after upgrade, but having issues since Tuesday evening.

That's promising, my appointment is Monday for essentially the same issues.