Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Lose your one middle seat for cargo storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
California
Last edited:
I found the question really ambiguous. Are you asking "will you buy the Model X despite these changes?" Are you asking "will you configure your Model X with 6 seats instead of 7 for extra cargo space?" How should people who plan on buying the 7 seat configuration answer?

I'm definitely in the maybe category, regardless of how the question is intended, but that's because I'm a maybe on both issues. We might get a Model X, depending on the final details; we might get a Model S instead; we might get an entirely different (likely much cheaper) vehicle; if we get a Model X, we might get 6 seats and might get 7.

This is a terrible question. I'm buying it whether the seat is removable or not. If I say I will buy it am I saying I'll only buy it if the seat is removable? If I say I will not buy it am I saying I don't want the seat to be removable but will buy if it's fixed?

Totally ambiguous question and your results will, therefore, be completely meaningless.

...poll on the forum?

I've been trying to create a poll here, but I guess that feature is not available to me or I just don't know where the button is. Thus, I've got to go outside.

- - - Updated - - -

..."will you buy the Model X despite these changes?"

I try to narrow the issue down as much as possible.

That means I would like to know how people feel about the foldabilty of the second row for cargo storage.

Last week some people would not buy a Tesla Model X if its utility is worse than the prototype could provide because of nonfolding second row.

Those are the people that I would like to focus in this poll.

So if second row still cannot be folded flat but Tesla has offered middle seat removal, would that be sufficient for this group of people.

I am sorry that I did not expand to other preferences or issues, but that's another poll that you can create.

That means I would like to know how people feel about the foldabilty of the second row for cargo storage.
But that is not the question you asked and, as I pointed out above, the results you get will not give you a usable answer. If you wish to use the survey monkey take advantage and ask multiple specific questions that get to what you really want to know.

...will buy if it's fixed?

I would like to find if people are happy with the evolution of the foldability of second row seats from the prototype to now.

Tesla has its solution for you now.

People can still buy it even if they are unhappy with the current solution.

People are unhappy about the absence of coat hooks in Model S, but they still buy it.

So, what I am looking here is do people still buy the Model X for whatever reason.

But the poll only narrows down to responses to Tesla latest alternatives to foldability of second row seats from the prototype.

I would like to find if people are happy with the evolution of the foldability of second row seats from the prototype to now.

Tesla has its solution for you now.

People can still buy it even if they are unhappy with the current solution.

People are unhappy about the absence of coat hooks in Model S, but they still buy it.

So, what I am looking here is do people still buy the Model X for whatever reason.

But the poll only narrows down to responses to Tesla latest alternatives to foldability of second row seats from the prototype.

Again, that's not what your poll question is asking. It sounds like it should simply say "For owners with a reservation for a Model X will you still buy it with the current second row fixed position configuration?" Yes, no, uncertain, not a reservation holder

They're not scientific.

I agree that these kinds of polls are meaningless because of bad questions as well as a bias below:

1) Most happy people or people who don't care may not make an effort to the poll. Thus, it is biased against this positive group.

2) Those who are unhappy or angry may be motivated to make sure their voices are heard and try to dominate the poll. Thus, it is biased in favor of this unhappy group.

It is hard for me to count in a thread how many people are happy and how many are not with Tesla's decisions . The poll would gives me a count even if it's a biased count.

However, if the result shows that unhappy group is a minority, then Tesla may not need to be concerned about the unhappy few.

It is hard for me to count in a thread how many people are happy and how many are not with Tesla's decisions . The poll would gives me a count even if it's a biased count.

However, if the result shows that unhappy group is a minority, then Tesla may not need to be concerned about the unhappy few.

I'm guessing that you missed the recent Poll Validity Wars.

If you want, I can try to find some of the better examples. They were a hoot.

I've been trying to create a poll here, but I guess that feature is not available to me or I just don't know where the button is. Thus, I've got to go outside.

poll.png