Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: My web browser works... how often?

How often does your web browser load websites?

• Always - never had any issues with pages loading

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 100-75% success rate

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • 75-50% success rate

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • <50% success rate

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • Requires reboot of the screen before it will work most times

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've had LTE/3G internet connection issues since I got my car. Lately they have improved, but I've also moved away from using the streaming music service, and instead use my phone for music. Around the same time, I got the V9 update with a shiny new web browser... which barely ever works. So I'm curious if this is just my car (and its ongoing LTE issues), or if everyone is in the same boat having a web browser that is rarely functional. I'm not talking about trying to load fancy websites with complex code that the browser can't handle. I mean simple websites that you enter into your browser: does the page load? My experience has been that the screen requires a reboot (2 steering wheel buttons pressed down) before the browser will work at least half of the time. I've submitted bug reports almost every time, but nothing seems to be changing. Is it just my car, or is this a universal issue? To be clear, my LTE/3G appears to be connected, but whatever I do in the browser, it doesn't even try to load. After a restart, the address bar fills with a grey shade, and the website loads (sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly). Interested in others' experiences

My success rate so far in 1 month of having V9 is 0%. It has never successfully loaded any webpage that I have tried. I don't think I'll try again until some future update.

Whenever i see these threads I feel like the concept is all relative. Try using the browser on a MCU1 S or X. Hell even that is way better now than it was before the update that enabled GPU acceletated rendering. Before that good luck scrolling more than a page a minute. You see... Model 3 owners dont know how good they have it... does it work as well as a fast iPad no, but its actually usable.