Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll- Res holders, would you have made the deposit if $1000?

Would you have made the deposit if it was $1000?

• Yes

Votes: 134 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 46 22.3%
  • I would have waited till I saw them on the road to decide.

Votes: 26 12.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have continued to order as we have done. Our first Tesla required a $5000 deposit and later with the second, I think it was $1000 (don't remember exactly). But I think the low $100 reservation deposit means maybe half of the total reservations thus far may not convert to actual purchase. I hope I'm wrong, however. It would be great to see more people embrace electric vehicles.

Reactions: Electruck
I wouldn’t have felt compelled to pre order it at $1000. I think you could have waited closer to production for that, but at $100 it puts a lot of uncertainty into how soon you can get one. Even if only half the reservations go through with order then it could be a while before you can buy one and have it delivered in a reasonable timeframe.
How long will it take to produce 100k of these trucks?

I was expecting to pay $1,000 for the reservation and would have paid more. I have been thinking that another nice option would be to pay for the vehicle in advance of delivery even if it is with a monthly installment.
The Founders Series Semi is $200,000. The reservation amount is $200,000.

I bet they have fewer reservations than for the Cybertruck! (<that's an attempt at humor) :eek: