Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
37k on mine, I got the hat trick with the vibration, rear clicking and front popping. The clicking and popping are intermittent and the rear noise rarely happens (10% of the time?) and almost sounds like the vehicle is flexing and a rear seat/ seat belt bolt is loose. Enough high frequency that it sounds like it is coming from inside the cabin. Front noise is usually only during first few moments of driving and around 50% of the time and consists of several pops mainly when turning the steering wheel. I still love the car but my 2017 P100D even with 90k miles was sooooo smooth and quiet.
Did you wrap the rear seat latches with tape? That solves some of the noises from the rear.

• Helpful
Reactions: josahua and byeLT4
37k on mine, I got the hat trick with the vibration, rear clicking and front popping. The clicking and popping are intermittent and the rear noise rarely happens (10% of the time?) and almost sounds like the vehicle is flexing and a rear seat/ seat belt bolt is loose. Enough high frequency that it sounds like it is coming from inside the cabin. Front noise is usually only during first few moments of driving and around 50% of the time and consists of several pops mainly when turning the steering wheel. I still love the car but my 2017 P100D even with 90k miles was sooooo smooth and quiet.
Yeah it's so annoying whenever I got an older MS loaner and they are sooo smooth. Come on Tesla

Mine is in the shop now for the rear clicking sound that occurs when the car goes over bumps. I think it’s suspension-related. Waiting to hear back from Tesla. The car sounds like I drove over an acorn when the back end rises over bumps.
That’s possibly a rear toe link issue. I had that and this fixed it

Concern: REAR TOE LINK ASSEMBLIES to address loud clunking noise over bumps from SV0124AD82
Performed Post-Repair Validation Test Drive. Replaced LH Rear Toe Link Assembly. Replaced RH Rear Toe Link Assembly.
removed and replaced both rear toe links. performed four wheel alignment, adjusted angles within manufacture specs, and road rested, during road test inspected for the clunking noise over bumps. verified vehicle drives straight and noise is no longer heard
Correction: Toe Link Assembly - Rear - LH (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
REAR TOE LINK 1.00 ASSEMBLY(1420435-
99-G)
Correction: Toe Link Assembly - Rear - RH (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
Part Quantity
REAR TOE LINK 1.00 ASSEMBLY(1420435-
99-G)
Correction: Four Wheel Alignment Check and Adjust

Went to go pick up my car yesterday after service number 11. Another half shaft replaced, but it still vibrates and my suspension still squeaks.
I left the car there to see if they can try again to fix it. I filed the lemon law complaint paperwork.

1690483285000.png

1690483301506.png

Went to go pick up my car yesterday after service number 11. Another half shaft replaced, but it still vibrates and my suspension still squeaks.
I left the car there to see if they can try again to fix it. I filed the lemon law complaint paperwork.

View attachment 960126
View attachment 960127

"thicker foam" ... right, that will do it!
Good luck with the Lemon Law filing.
We are on the edge of our seats...

Reactions: aerodyne
Yeah, I sent them that as a potential fix for the squeaking based on this post: (21 Plaid) Something is popping when my wheel turns or the car moves at low speeds.
I don’t know if a “battery brashbar cover” that I had dealt with is the same as your “bash plate” but I had this fix to a 22 model X. The fix did work. I suggested to them that it might be the half shafts like in my old MS but it wasn’t.

Concern: Customer states: Other · Noise & Vibration - Clicking noise when turning at low speeds. Similar to prior noise on other Tesla when half shafts were defective.
Noted clicking noise on test drive while turning steering yoke back and forth. Found noise to be from battery brashbar cover. Dirt had built up inside causing excessive noise. Removed both cover/plates and cleaned. Lubed components and re secured both and torqued down. Test drove to verify noise concern is no longer present.
Correction: Front Suspension Noise Diagnosis Correction: Suspension - Front (Check Torque)

I don’t know if a “battery brashbar cover” that I had dealt with is the same as your “bash plate” but I had this fix to a 22 model X. The fix did work. I suggested to them that it might be the half shafts like in my old MS but it wasn’t.

Concern: Customer states: Other · Noise & Vibration - Clicking noise when turning at low speeds. Similar to prior noise on other Tesla when half shafts were defective.
Noted clicking noise on test drive while turning steering yoke back and forth. Found noise to be from battery brashbar cover. Dirt had built up inside causing excessive noise. Removed both cover/plates and cleaned. Lubed components and re secured both and torqued down. Test drove to verify noise concern is no longer present.
Correction: Front Suspension Noise Diagnosis Correction: Suspension - Front (Check Torque)
Sounds good. Mine isn't when turning the yoke. It's when I go over bumps, particularly at an angle.