Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: What is your safety score at end of day, September 29th?

What is your safety score at end of day, September 29th?

Votes: 22 21.8%

Votes: 29 28.7%

Votes: 15 14.9%

Votes: 12 11.9%

Votes: 3 3.0%

• 90 to 94

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • 85 to 89

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 80 to 84

• 75 to 79

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70 to 74

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Below 70

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please report your cumulative score as of September 29th. If folks find it helpful, I'll compile each daily result into spreadsheet.
So this is now a cumulative score poll...rather than a report of the daily score for that day. I guess if you made the title "What is your cumulative score as of the end of the day today?" you could snapshot each day over time, each evening (though people would have to come back each day and remember to change their vote), without needing a new thread.

Got a 99 for the day as as well as a 99 overall. There’s basically no way for me to average to 100 by Saturday unless I take 150 to 200 mile road trip on Friday and make sure I get 100 on Thursday and Friday. Oh well, guess I’m going to focus on staying at a 99 and I’ll be in the second wave of people 🤷‍♂️

Got a 99 for the day as as well as a 99 overall. There’s basically no way for me to average to 100 by Saturday unless I take 150 to 200 mile road trip on Friday and make sure I get 100 on Thursday and Friday. Oh well, guess I’m going to focus on staying at a 99 and I’ll be in the second wave of people 🤷‍♂️
I thought the consensus was that it is measuring until next week when they release 10.2

😥

FALM7ycXIAA4J9h-1.jpg

• Day 1 (Sept 25): Drove 10 mile | Score: 100
  • Day 2 (Sept 26): Drove 5 miles | Score: 100
  • Day 3 (Sept 27): Drove 8 miles | Score: 98
  • Day 4 (Sept 28): Didn't drive | Score: 98
  • Day 5 (Sept 29): Drove 10 miles | Score: 100
  • Total Miles driven: 33 miles

Using Autopilot 98% of the time, the 2% was driving manually where I got dinged for (Aggressive Turning/Unsafe Following) on Day 3 (Sept 27)

Attachments

• IMG_2524.jpg
    IMG_2524.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Day 1 (Sept 25): Drove 10 mile | Score: 100
  • Day 2 (Sept 26): Drove 5 miles | Score: 100
  • Day 3 (Sept 27): Drove 8 miles | Score: 98
  • Day 4 (Sept 28): Didn't drive | Score: 98
  • Day 5 (Sept 29): Drove 10 miles | Score: 100
  • Total Miles driven: 33 miles

Using Autopilot 98% of the time, the 2% was driving manually where I got dinged for (Aggressive Turning/Unsafe Following) on Day 3 (Sept 27)
That gives me hope I can get to 100 before Friday. I have a 98 / 98 / 100 / 100 / 100 as well, but it's giving me a 99.

So this is now a cumulative score poll...rather than a report of the daily score for that day. I guess if you made the title "What is your cumulative score as of the end of the day today?" you could snapshot each day over time, each evening (though people would have to come back each day and remember to change their vote), without needing a new thread.
I thought of that and thanks for the suggestion.

But if I did what you suggest then we would get a lot of people who don't come back to update the score. So you would have a mixture of scores that are three days old with scores that are seven days old. What I'm hoping to see is if cumulative scores go up or down over time. Since most people started at roughly the same time, reporting a cumulative score each day will show us the trend.

(And yes, it's all very unscientific and prone to error anyway. But I'm hoping to get the best data we can. Suggestions on better ways to do this are very welcome.)

Took a 600 mile road trip to a vendor yesterday. Stopped to charge there and back and obviously at my destination. Due to a yellow light and a couple other Whoa! moments that were completely beyond my control but totally safe by my measure, I got my first hard braking dings. “No problem! They’ll be diluted over hundreds of miles.” Not so. Because they’re associated with that day, and the days’ totals are mileage weighted, it actually amplified their contribution. So I went from 98-94 in one day. This is stupid. I give up.

Reactions: cbrigante2