Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like that car is a US car in Canada.
I was thinking a Canadian car in the US. But I would think there would be a lot more than one of those in California (any other of our entertainment talent in LA, or our tech talent in the Bay area), or a snowbird in Texas, Arizona, Florida (most likely since Quebec has the most teslas in Canada) or South Carolina.

It feels like its the wrong time of the year for muhricans to be visiting Canada although it is in BC so my tech talent thought might be right in reverse; some ex-pat home for holidays so owning a US car. It just seems strange it was updated while on our roads when no other car in Canada was, if jurisdictional approval was the reason why no other Canadians have got updated.

Good way to sell more Tesla... new owners crash their Tesla on first month of ownership, comes to buy another one. ;)
Uh-huh.

So, two things:
  1. They're planning to train, or at least expose, new buyers to the vagaries of FSD. So, it's not like they're hitting it cold: Presumably, they get Warnings.
  2. Despite all the crazies running around claiming that FSD is some monstrous hazard, there have been remarkably few.. as in no accidents with a driver who is at least moderately engaged. This excludes YouTube idiots with their hands off the wheel; other idiots who think that it's Level 5 when it ain't; and various people not using FSD at all but claiming, after they smackered their car into the landscape or other people, that it was FSD In Charge, in an attempt to avoid prosecution.
My experience with the Beta versions of FSD has been that Tesla has been really good at providing time to correct the car's mistakes; and, when at least driving 12.3 around with its occasional errors, that's still true. With the one obvious change on 12.3: there's now a heck of a lot fewer interventions.

Of course, your cutsie statement makes a bigger splash than, "Driving FSD12.3 around is actually pretty boring."

• Funny
Reactions: eevee-fan
TeslaFI release graph suggest 2024 FSD release starting to go wide. 836 yesterday.
Version 2024.3.6 FSD 12.3.2.1

Last edited:
Not a believer. I'm toying with the idea of creating a poll for how much do you think AI driving assist package is worth:
$0 (safety feature so should be free), $500 (it is fun so worth the price of a gaming console), $3K, $6K, $12K, $15K.
I'm using v12 more than v11. I have more confidence in it, so it is definitely improving.

Get rid of the up-front price all-together. Make it monthly, give Tesla more reoccurring revenue, and make it $99/month, month to month, or $899 annually (discounted).

While the income goes down, I'd be willing to be the quantity goes up. As a positive, Tesla gets more vehicles giving valuable feedback (disengagments).

Reactions: DanCar
Get rid of the up-front price all-together. Make it monthly, give Tesla more reoccurring revenue, and make it $99/month, month to month, or $899 annually (discounted).

While the income goes down, I'd be willing to be the quantity goes up. As a positive, Tesla gets more vehicles giving valuable feedback (disengagments).

Yep, that's the thing. At $12K, that is $200/mo for 60 months. But the only problem (in Tesla's perspective) is that some people may realistically only subscribe one or two months a year for the summer and winter trips and most would not subscribe at all. I happen to be planning a road trip soon and will use Supervised FSD since I have it... otherwise, I was planning to drive without.

Maybe for the $1K increase for Model Y's this month, Tesla should offer 6 or 12 mo FSD in exchange.

BTW, another demo/test.

Last edited: