Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see some news outlets / clickbaiters saying it will be released this year. I think that is highly unlikely. What do you think?

That's probably because Elon gave another "2 weeks" prediction for when V12 would be released. LOL.

Yes, I think it is very unlikely. Maybe we get some small release to early beta testers this year but I doubt V12 will go to wide release this year.

To be fair, he was pretty obviously kidding. No one would take that as something that was actually going to happen. Elon knows the significance of “2 weeks.”
Yes, he even self deprecated and mocked himself in a later MySpace post.

IMG_0312.jpeg

I think they are gonna have massive problems from the start with V12 if it's truly end to end. Will be lots of non Bay Area edge cases that may be dangerous for them to work through. In the long term it's probably the way forward but it wouldn't surprise me if FSD takes a few steps back in the meantime. I think they will keep most people on 11.4.4 for a while.

If we're talking about the updated "end-to-end" driving models, I can't imagine they're going to go from nothing to E2E everywhere in 12.0. Like when they started rolling out the multi-camera models, it was only applied to specific tasks at first and gradually things were moved over, in fact I think there's still some remaining tasks that are single camera even in v11? I bet if E2E control starts to roll out in V12, it'll probably be scoped to just city driving and not highway initially (just like the pre-v11 AP/FSD split), or it'll only take on lateral or longitudinal control at first. I think regressing highway driving is very hard for folks to tolerate.

LOL if my experience with v12 is any indication, they’d better not release it for a long time yet. It’s a disaster. I still have the free trial so I’m trying it out as much as possible. I had to cancel it so often on a roadtrip last week… riding too close to the center line on a 2-lane state road, lane changes for no reason on the interstate that bordered on cutting people off, veering too sharply into exit ramps, dangerously unnecessary braking (seriously, it slowed down to 25 mph *before* it took the exit ramp)…and this was all in easy, straight-road, good-weather driving. It’s atrocious in city or even just suburban traffic with parked cars, delivery trucks, roundabouts, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled someone’s working on this technology, but it is not good yet and people are insane to pay as much as they do for it.

LOL if my experience with v12 is any indication, they’d better not release it for a long time yet. It’s a disaster. I still have the free trial so I’m trying it out as much as possible. I had to cancel it so often on a roadtrip last week… riding too close to the center line on a 2-lane state road, lane changes for no reason on the interstate that bordered on cutting people off, veering too sharply into exit ramps, dangerously unnecessary braking (seriously, it slowed down to 25 mph *before* it took the exit ramp)…and this was all in easy, straight-road, good-weather driving. It’s atrocious in city or even just suburban traffic with parked cars, delivery trucks, roundabouts, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled someone’s working on this technology, but it is not good yet and people are insane to pay as much as they do for it.
Sure..."you tried v12" out. That's like us believing Elon's timelines.