Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Will we see the button before the end of the year?

Will we see the button before the end of the year?

• No way

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • 10% chance

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • 30% chance

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • 50%

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • 70% chance

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • 90% chance

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 17 15.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the definition of button? Does the button need to always work? Or does a button that only gives some people the beta count?
We are just having fun here. You can define it as you please. There are other half measures. Could Tesla limit times and days it can be used to discourage complacency? For some people option: what if they only gave it to the top 30% of safest drivers however they choose to define that? Will they do early access program first? What if they limited to 3/4ths of the streets to limit complacency? Lots of curves in the road up ahead.

Reactions: FlyF4
We are just having fun here. You can define it as you please. There are other half measures. Could Tesla limit times and days it can be used to discourage complacency? For some people option: what if they only gave it to the top 30% of safest drivers however they choose to define that? Will they do early access program first? What if they limited to 3/4ths of the streets to limit complacency? Lots of curves in the road up ahead.
How I define the "The Button": POLL: When will "Quantum Leap" FSD be released to the HW3 fleet?
It has to be available to everyone with HW3.

Reactions: KArnold
How I define the "The Button": POLL: When will "Quantum Leap" FSD be released to the HW3 fleet?
It has to be available to everyone with HW3.

That's not what Elon originally claimed the button would be. He only said that there would be a button to download the "FSD Beta". To me, FSD Beta means whatever L2 city streets beta is being tested by the youtubers, which has an intervention rate of 1 per every couple miles.

However, i think there is a good chance, that the button will not immediately download the beta, but instead just be another version of "Advanced" in the download options.

Reactions: Terminator857
That's not what Elon originally claimed the button would be. He only said that there would be a button to download the "FSD Beta". To me, FSD Beta means whatever L2 city streets beta is being tested by the youtubers, which has an intervention rate of 1 per every couple miles.

However, i think there is a good chance, that the button will not immediately download the beta, but instead just be another version of "Advanced" in the download options.
I think what we see in FSD Beta videos could drive from Elon's former Bel Air home to SpaceX without disengagements 33% of the time (which was my definition of "Quantum Leap").
The Button could also be something more limited such as improved Autosteer on city streets (i.e. no turns at intersections).

The best advice someone gave me when I was new to Elon's predictions was to "take the square of his estimates and halve your expectations". So when he said we'd get a DOWNLOAD button back in March in ~10 days or 2 weeks, I figured instead of 14 days, it would be 196 days (late September) and it wouldn't be a download button, but something less, like a request for download button. I didn't see the Safety Score thing coming, but the other stuff came through pretty much as the Adjusted Elon Predictor Model forecast.

The best advice someone gave me when I was new to Elon's predictions was to "take the square of his estimates and halve your expectations". So when he said we'd get a DOWNLOAD button back in March in ~10 days or 2 weeks, I figured instead of 14 days, it would be 196 days (late September) and it wouldn't be a download button, but something less, like a request for download button. I didn't see the Safety Score thing coming, but the other stuff came through pretty much as the Adjusted Elon Predictor Model forecast.
Just ignore his timelines and promises of functionality entirely. Trust him as much as you would trust any other salesperson.

Reactions: Terminator857