Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pondering the 2017 Supercharger network expansion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, but I wonder whether Tesla will just continue at the current pace or ramp up the SC network prior to the release of the Model 3. Although I think Tesla has done a good job thus far, I feel it may also be an Achilles heel as production ramps up. The gaps between SCs are decreasing, there is still a need for within the gaps to allow more localized SCing (ie. trying to reduce the need to drive out of the way to charge efficiently). I also wonder whether the line ups that occur in more heavily populated areas like in California will get worse and will it spread across the country as time goes by?

I also don't believe that it's all on Tesla either, as more manufacturers build EVs, federal/state and private sector need to get on board and work this out.

I agree, they need to really concentrate on the supercharger network and the service center build out. They have problems right now with getting timely appointments for service, what happens when they sell 500,000 model 3's. I'm not seeing much on the service end at this time, nor sure what Tesla is thinking they will do in the next few years. I hope they have a plan.

Reactions: Eclectic