Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pool: Guess the green light chime behavior

Did the hi tech green light chime, chime?

• No. This is cutting edge tech. It can clearly differentiate a simple green light from red.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Yes it chimed. This mess is not remotely close to level 5 promised by Elon

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2101Guy

Breaker of Ignore Buttons
Jan 6, 2020
USA
Based on the photo. All the stoplights shown were initially red as I sat as lead car in the left turn lane. As shown, the turn lane light for me remained red as the other lights for the other lanes turned green.

Considering I have no pending software updates (but don’t have FSD), considering AI and ML and DOJO and 🔥🔥🔥and all the great tech…do you think the green light chime, chimed in the scenario shown? Or remained silent? Vote now!

Attachments

• 6AAB69BC-8321-4CAD-9A60-5AF72CF26AF9.jpeg
    6AAB69BC-8321-4CAD-9A60-5AF72CF26AF9.jpeg
    520.9 KB · Views: 110
what about the promised single stack? Dojo?
All the promises by Elon and this thing cant even consistently distinguish a red light from a green light...and yet, "FSD complete" (which includes Robotaxi) within the next 90 days?

Ok.

🤣🤣

Green light chime is completely old code that doesn’t handle turn arrows vs filled lights well. This is a bad bad bad post. The chime has nothing to do with level 5 fsd. The actual “cutting edge” tech FSD beta handles it just fine.
More correctly the chime is simply a courtesy feature to help keep the driver alert and nothing to do with safety requirements or FSD Beta or above driving. When you are using FSD Beta it is turned off and doesn't sound at all.

Last edited:
I
Yep. Sounds about right!

DOJO...AI...ML...Giga...SingleStack...

and this is what we get...haha
This feature has been around forever in FSD cars. Well before the days of FSD. It is a convenience feature that obviously never received a lot of love from the FSD team because they are working on actually solving self driving. The cars completely have the ability to distinguish between left turn arrows and solid lights as FSD beta does. However, the basic green light traffic chime does not take into account what lane you are currently in, so it chimes whenever it sees any green up there at all.

What you are doing is comparing basic hard-coded autopilot tech with future features that are not even out yet. If you want to see the most up-to-date tech that Tesla has to offer, hop in a car with FSD beta for a ride. (Admittedly, it’s rough.)