Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poor customer service
I am looking for advice. I purchased a model S in late February and have numerous problems with the car. They include but are not limited to a complete battery failure that required a new battery pack. There have also been some quality issues in the seats, windows and dashboard. My main problem at this point is that the customer service seems to be almost nonexistent. I deal with the Denver office and have to deal with a new person almost every time and they have no idea what is going on with my car. The service manager is nonexistent.

Had any one else had these problems or do they have advice for getting better service? Thanks

Just my experience but I have had a shocking time with customer service in the UK & Portugal (we live between the two).

A longterm Tesla fanatic and owner since Feb 2016 I have just cancelled my order for a new Model S. Due to mainly being in Portugal now I need to sell my UK car and get a LHD European version.

I won't go into all the details but when things got serious there was no-one at all anywhere in the world that Tesla would escalate by issue to.

I used the Executive escalation link but that team will ONLY respond by email. I resorted to calling Tesla in Fremont and got their head office. Very nice lady talked to me and listened to my rant - put me onto a great sales guy but ultimately all he could do was ask the Portugal office to call me.

End result, deposit refunded (for which I am very grateful by the way) and I am buying a Range Rover p400e.

I think the cars are fantastic but the entire corporate culture and their view of customers is nuts. Believe me they had to try really really hard to make me buy another car.

By coincidence the RR is just being released and looks amazing and also the Jag iPace is just coming out now. I predict real problems for Tesla if they don't start looking after their customers.

My view if reading this - please check before buying who exactly is going to be your contact later on. There is no dealer-principal structure, no-one is paid on commission and they are largely young and inexperienced.

I had an OK experience dealing with sales, service department on the other hand has been exceptional. They are always the same people and the service manager gave me her email and phone, always follow up and asks a few days how is the car and everything and overall very accommodating.

Its not perfect, but they are definitely doing everything they can. YMMV of course, I am lucky to have the better rated service center on my side of town.