Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor radio reception after tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Tesla telling me that the three 3s in their shop with tints have the problem, and three 3s without tints don’t have the problem.

My sister’s and friend’s 3s with the same exact tint don’t have the problem.

You guys don’t have any problems.

Not sure what to do.

I'm kinda wondering if the tint shop gave you something else that WAS metallic instead of the 3M. Would let them save a good bit of money, though it's unscrupulous as heck. How reputable was this place?

Interesting - i'd definitely see if anyone else on this forum that used them has a similar problem. You can buy knockoff versions of 3M Crystalline online (i almost did once :D) and that would be a really good method to increase profits. No clue if the knock offs are metallic, but i wouldn't be surprised.

However the fact that you say your radio has always been poor kinda makes me think you have a bad connection somewhere and Tesla is just making excuses because tint could impact the antenna and they are busy.

Interesting - i'd definitely see if anyone else on this forum that used them has a similar problem. You can buy knockoff versions of 3M Crystalline online (i almost did once :D) and that would be a really good method to increase profits. No clue if the knock offs are metallic, but i wouldn't be surprised.

However the fact that you say your radio has always been poor kinda makes me think you have a bad connection somewhere and Tesla is just making excuses because tint could impact the antenna and they are busy.

My guess too. It’s not the first time I had this response to other problems.