Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor weather detected - Navigate on Autopilot limited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a new warning: Poor weather detected - Navigate on Autopilot limited
It's lightly raining outside as I try to test out the NoA feature, and this warning appears. Not quite sure what impact it has on the NoA function as I haven't had much time with it yet. It didn't seem to slow down for the exit I needed to take, or follow the change lane signal, so maybe that is the "limited" part.

On 2018.42.2, Model S, AP2, MCU1.

IMG_8043.jpg

AP is my life line in bad weather. Short of when radar is disabled, it is the best at lane keeping even in heavy snow and fog. As long as regular AP works I don't mind losing some autonomy in adverse conditions.

Yes AP is my life line. Can see through just about anything until the radar bumper cakes with ice and snow. Elon did tweet about adding a radar heater recently when talking about vision.

Regular AP worked in my situation in both S&3. NOA crapped out on exits. Side blinker cams have minute amounts of water and crud as do back. One day it was raining good, today misty and grimy roads. As I mentioned in the firm release thread I might try some hydrophobic RainX to shed the grime and water and see how that goes.