Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very good - to be fair my wife drove as technically it will be her car.

We are just waiting for the lease quotes but we will be going for the LR AWD in black with white interior. We have requested a quote with and without the full self drive software.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the car after you receive it, as well as your ongoing experience with it.

I'm 23 days into ownership (not that I'm keeping count...) and I love it just as much as the first day... maybe more.

2nd car with 20 miles a day? Why would anyone suggest the LR?

Because there are times when a person wants to go on a trip, and not just back and forth to the job site with their car? I'm not saying you couldn't get by, just saying buy the most range you can afford if you want less hassle when going on longer trips with your EV. Consider this, many initial EVs offered ranges less than 200 miles. Most people stayed away from them, even though they only drove, on average, 20mile/day and those low range cars would have suited their needs just fine...

I even downgraded from SR+ to SR.
It is still our 2nd car, first one is a minivan that we use on long trip or when we need trunk space or when we go to the beach (sand and my Model 3... no way).
It’s too much of a personal choice, I don’t believe in the more range the better works for everybody, for me SR/SR+ are more efficient and works better for my needs. Will I still drive the big minivan on long trips? Most probably yes, but not because of range anxiety, more e because of space.

Again my opinion nased on my needs and my ezperience.
Hipe you’ll enjoy it!

PS: Yes I could have affort a LR without any problem, but still SR was the choice for my needs